GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new hd hero for xmas. purchased a SanDisk Ultra 32gb card and have used it to play with the camera. I can delete the files from the card when reading it as a usb hard drive on my macbook. I cannot get the disk to format in the camera.

The instructions say to go to the settings menu item and while "ALL" is displaying, press the shutter button and the "ALL" will start blinking. On my camera, the red light flashes quickly three times, but the "ALL" icon never blinks. How can I get the "ALL" to blink? What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SD card is a SanDisk

The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra16mb class 6 card. I bought two of these cards. The one that I am having trouble with is the one I used for my first few attempts to get images on the gopro hero.

I filled up the card with a time lapse sequence. Some several thousand files. I downloaded the files to my macbook-- snow leopard.

When I insert the card in the gopro, then turn it on, it indicates "---" on the file counter as if there were no card installed. If I remove the card and re-insert it with the power on, the file counter then indicates "999". As described above, I then attempt a format, and the "ALL" icon does not flash as it is supposed to when I press the shutter button-- but the red light on the front flashes quickly and beeps three times.
Does this mean the card is bad? I was able to record and fill it up the first time I used it. I checked and the slide lock on the card is open.

I plugged the gopro into a pc with the suspect card installed. I tried to delete the files using windows file manager and the result was the same as my attempt to delete the files using my macbook: The files are still there. I also attempted to reformat using the PC, but it said something like "drive not recognized."

It seems that the card, which worked OK to record my first few feeble attempts with the gopro worked fine-- but now that it is full, it is not functioning properly. I also tried emptying my trash bin on the macbook and then again tried to delete the files with the same result: nothing.

I suspect that if I could just delete the files from this card, or reformat it, that all would be OK and I could use it. I just don't know how to do that.

BTW, I did successfully transfer all of the files to the mac hard drive before all of these problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That particular card may not

That particular card may not be fully compatible with the camera.
In the manual though it does say that a class 4 and above is recommended but I've heard similar results when these cards are used. Your best bet is to try a class 10 SD card. This is the only class card high enough to handle the amounts of data being written on it. Only then can you really achieve that true GoPro quality we've come to know and love

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skateboardbry wrote:That

Skateboardbry said:
That particular card may not be fully compatible with the camera.
Others have used this card with excellent results. in any event I am going to return the card to Best Buy and see if I can get a refund or an exchange.

·
Registered
1 Posts
your class 6 card should work

your class 6 card should work fine with the GPH2 or earlier. Maybe remedial, but did you accidentally lock the SD card with the tiny switch on the card itself?
Just a thought...

·
Registered
15 Posts
clearing sd card

If your MBP has an SD slot put it in there and drag all the files to trash.. YOU MUST EMPTY TRASH before ejecting the card.. <ins>If you eject card first the folders disappear but the card is still full of media with no way to see it..</ins>
you can put the card in some other camera and reformattr the card there then bring it back to the GP/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.