• No I don't have one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a GoPro Hero 7 Silver, and other than this problem it works very well. The issue is; whenever I try to record 4K (as it is compatible) it sometimes works perfectly fine and has amazing 4K footage. But nine times out of ten it will go buggy after I press the shutter button and then says "SD Card Error" as shown in the image attached at the bottom of this post. The other times it will record fine but when I press the shutter to stop the video, it freezes for a while (camera feed is frozen) and then goes back to the standby mode. I then go to review the footage and on the GoPro, it says "Unable to View" and when I load the SD card into my computer it shows it as a corrupted file.

I use two SD cards and both have the issue (SD Card Error when Recording 4K). One of them as listed below was included with the GoPro when I got it. GoPro wouldn't give me an SD Card that isn't compatible with my camera.

I hope I can get this fixed as I use my GoPro a lot and really like to use 4K.

Thanks for the help in advance!

SD Card, I use:
SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSD
Camera: GoPro Hero 7 Silver
Firmware: Latest

·
Administrator
9,729 Posts
Issue may lead to the SD card, do a full format on it takes 15 min for the 32 gb card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issue may lead to the SD card, do a full format on it takes 15 min for the 32 gb card.
Alright, let me give that a try. I'm assuming you meant using this option (referring to the image below) in my program "SD Card Formatter".

I'll update, once I have tested this fix and tried it on my GoPro!

·
Administrator
9,729 Posts
Correct a quick format can be done after the full format, then as well in the camera. that should help out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, a little update:

Since formatting the SD card, I have had less trouble but still get the error occasionally. The error is the same as before and mid recording it sometimes stops and says the error, the first time it happened after the format; I turned the camera off and then back on again and it luckily came up with an alert saying it was repairing the recently corrupted footage. That only happened once out of the three times I got that error.

I was using the same SD (Class 10 U3)

·
Registered
396 Posts
why dont you try different sd card entirely?

Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
9,729 Posts
totally agree, never know if it's currpted, counterfiet or just the card. last resort is a new card, contact the sd card company if like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts