GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am interested in using several Hero 8s in a multi-camera setup to stream various events. However, I have no experience with GoPros and am just doing a bit of research to determine whether they would be useful or not on our multi-camera shoots. I hope you can help me make a good decision. Many thanks in anticipation that you can. So, a few questions...

Let’s say we want to use six or even eight Hero 8s to broadcast maybe a wedding ceremony. Would it be possible to connect them to a vision mixer/switcher and what would be the best way to go about that, bearing in mind that they may need to be some distance away from the switcher? I’m only interested in video from the Heros because the audio will come from various radio mics.

Also, how do Hero 8s perform in low light conditions, like inside a church?

Is there a way to power Hero 8s from a mains power supply. I’d hate it if my batteries conked out in mid shoot!

And finally, uprights can often appear bent and the whole picture can sometimes seem a bit rounded, like it's seen through a fisheye lens. Is there any way around that? Obviously, for weddings we’d want our uprights to be completely straight.

Many thanks,

Tony

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
A GoPro hero 7 or latter uses a builtin HDMI port, the Hero 8 a media Module is soon to be released at a cost of $80.00 per camera. Gopros do no do what other camera's do perfectly and maybe that is where yoyu may want to Research. why do you want to use a 1/2.3rd sensor action camera for a professional shoot. I know The Amazing Race, they use Gopros. so I get it in ways.

Low light, good luck (Smiles)

·
Registered
523 Posts
im sorry to break this up to you but you are choosing completely wrong camera for this type of "activity". Gopros main atribute is fisheye lens that captures as much action as possible thanks to this type of lens.
What made you think this is a good choice? There are plenty of other cameras that would suit you better and with the right lens it would be even better for various angles and takes. and i think for less money too

Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
We hear people wanting alot from GoPro. simply go get a security system, bottom line hte cost be alot less and you can purchase a Hero 8 to play around with. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.