GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Mounted my hero 2 using the adhesive surf board mount at the weekend.
First wipeout took the camera completely off the board, on a pretty small wave. Luckily it was tethered.
What was I doing wrong? I thought it would be much stronger than this?
Also can you buy 3M pads to replace? I have the mount still attached to the bottom of the camera, but the pad has lost all it's adhesion.
Many thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought

I may be wrong, but I thought you could heat them with a hair dryer and remove them. I have pulled off some to use the mounts with 3M Dual Lock tape or if I wanted to anchor a mount with Gorilla Glue to a surface. You can purchase this Dual Lock tape in trial bags, which are 10' in length. Much cheaper than purchasing it from a GoPro dealer. It is not the same as the sticky tape, but you can email the folk at 3M and they are great in responding as to what works best and what they offer.

http://www.shop3m.com/3m-dual-lock-reclosable-fasteners-trial-bags-7xj8lmwwbn.html

Good luck in what you find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bummer your mount came off so

Bummer your mount came off so quickly!

Make sure you wait to go in the water for at least 24 hours after you stick them onto your surfboard. This allows the adhesive to create a strong bond.

Also, make sure your board is clean before you stick your mounts on and find a flat part of your board so that the entire mount is sticking to your board.

They shouldn't come off, especially in small waves.

And, just in case your GoPro does come off, the Backdoor Floaty will keep it floating so hopefully you can find it. Otherwise, it will sink like a stone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts