GoPro Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Best solution I've read so far is the magnetic mount on a clean surface. Can't think of much that would cause the mount to fall off, or even move that much. I think you'd also need to make sure that you are placing the mount on a part of your car that has a flat surface. If the surface is curved at all it would cause the mount to be less stable and it could fall off, or just cause a wobbly film that doesn't stay framed properly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used the suction cup many times including on a fibreglass car and never had a problem. This is both on race tracks and normal roads. As has been said before here make sure the surface is clean.

Once you have attached it, try and pull it off. I reckon you would bend the panel before it comes off!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If goPro is good enough for goodwood its good enough for me. Looks like a suction cup mount...

·
Registered
434 Posts
The suction cup is the most popular for mounting on painted panels.
The magnet will work but not on all cars.

In the Alfa Romeos case all the panels are aluminum or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've also seen someone use a handle bar mount with tow hook for mounting a GoPro on the outside of the car.

If your car has licence plate holes drilled into the bumper, you can always get one of the Proto License Plate Camera Mount for use with GoPro Cameras (20 bucks).

Thats exactly what i was thinking about doing. What im planning is the one gopro mounted outside on the bumper and another gopro mounted to face the pedals, then edit it all together and feel like Kimi..

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
here's a video from a suction mount stuck to the inside of the car window took during a trackday at Lydden Hill, i think with a higher quality so you can see outside better would work well

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the suction cup mount with my GoPro on the trunk of my vette and secure it with zip ties. I should change the ties to black so it blends in better. But the suction cup has never let me down. It's on there securely. Zip ties are more for preventing anyone from grabbing it off the car, but adds that second fail safe. Have never mounted it on the front but if I need to I can and secure it with zip ties.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just use the Suction Cup mount that you buy separately from GoPro!!
-NO worries

I have used it on my Modified 350z going 145mph+ before I let out and it has stayed on every single time. You will get wind noise on most positions but that is to be expected.

I do make sure to either wash my car for a clean surface or simply use a shammy and wet/dry the spot I am attaching.

I also attach it to my tint inside the car, in case anyone was wondering if it would harm tint.

The suction is very, very high grade material. It's suction is legit when you put it on right.

NO WAY it's coming off. It hasn't for me yet and I frequent my car at 100+mph.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
well a magnetic base mount turned up in the post this morning (LINK). I will admit i was impressed with the strength it stuck with, but really isn't a patch on a suction mount (mine aren't genuine GoPro mounts, i use these LINK). I also think it'll damage the paintwork without something between to protect it. A handy buy but certainly wouldn't trust it on the side of a car at speed

21 - 35 of 35 Posts