GoPro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum fiends... J)

Anybody out there have any successful mounting techniques for water-ice climbing?

I just got my HERO2 and I figure the closer the lens is to one's eyes the more likely it is to record what you're looking at. With that in mind I first just tried to use the head strap mount over my helmet (in my living room) and shot a test video to see how the footage tracked. In general it was pretty **** good with the exception of looking down at foot placements. For that I would have to tilt my head further down in order to get feet in the frame.

I guess no matter how I mount it there will be certain views that will be off. Has anyone tried a mount further up the arc of the helmet? If so what hardware did you use?

Taking this baby out to Ouray in a couple of weeks and want to get it fully set up before I leave. Too warm to test outside here right now and I want to get something close before I take it outside for a test drive (don't want to mess with it on the climb).

Thanks!

CTL-ALT-DEL

·
Registered
313 Posts
For climbing, i like the 3rd person, over the shoulder views. Never had one of the mounts, but like to be able to see the person from behind reflecting the high and skill level required.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think that the head mount will work best for you. Take a look at this climbing video that used the head mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts