GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

My Hero2 is in the post and will arrive on Friday. Can anybody confirm whether or not the stock mount with the Motorsports edition will mount the camera right way up for filming driving (POV) stuck in the centre of the window near the rear view mirror.

I am guessing not and most dedicated Car Cams have the mounting hole on the unit's top whereas the Hero2 is on the bottom. Anyway to get around this or is there a widely used mount that will serve my purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Etops

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mounts

Your Hero2 can be mounted upside down and the select the setting to be right side up and all will be good. I use a RAM suction mount which gives ore flexibility.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laker
Thanks for the reply. I

Laker

Thanks for the reply. I just looked at the online instructions and indeed there is a flip function - GoPro think of everything!

When the LCD BacPac is installed, is the monitor view the right side up? Thanks again.

Cheers.

Etops

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
when the camera is in

hi
when the camera is in upside down mode everything viewed on the lcd bacpac is upside down no matter what way up the camera is. i expect you already know that now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the standard GoPro

I use the standard GoPro suction mount for quite a lot of stuff, but for high speed, high vibration use, I prefer this after market mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ smokinvxr and

@ smokinvxr and earthwindnwater

Got my Hero 2 and the LCD Bac Pac. Was able to use the motorsport mount in the car but the Hero 2 is upside down. The LCD view is upside down too which is not a big issue.

I was able to get another mount, something lighter and it's a smaller that the stock mount. Taken some driving videos and pretty please with the results.

The stock mount is meant for exterior use and I am sure it is quite up to the task. However, for my needs I think I should have gone for the outdoor edition. Nevermind!

Cheers

Etops

1 - 6 of 6 Posts