GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All,
Here is a few flights that were never going to be made into a video. On the day the wind had picked up quite a bit so me and CamSump had some FPV fun around this old Prison tower and Norman Castle mound.

There is quite a bit of shaking and vibration in this video due to the unpredictable wind but its still worth showing just for the fun factor. Flying inside the castle was great fun until I ventured into a small cell where every spot I flew into I was being rocked and push by my own prop wash, scary via FPV I can tell you ;)

Best viewed full screen @1080p

Checkout my YouTube channel:

see topic

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super cool video brother! That takes some skill to maneuver through skinny places like that. I have a buddy that runs his go pro on his RC Heli he gets some pretty cool aerial shots.
Thanks for your comments XMG50 :) there was added fun going through the doorway with a gust of wind which sucked air out the door and the Quad being 530mm (644mm with props) there was not much room to play with but that's half the fun ;)

Heli's look so much fun when they are thrown around 3D, amazing skills :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some really good stick work, did you break no props at all? i can imagine my quad lasting all of 1 minute if I tried that, do the goggles help that much when flying true fpv? im still using a very small monitor for mine
Thanks Bongo, on this day luckily I did not loose any props but if I did loose a prop then I always carry a full set of balanced props with me, just in case so it doesn't stop the fun ;)

The goggles for me help a lot, they give me a full sense of immersion into the flying experience, the difference being something like playing Forza with a game pad and tv compared to using a full on simulator, the feeling is just so much better. I think its down to the pilot and what they prefer, my moneys on the goggles every time ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts