GoPro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone from GoPro Please advise when there will be an update so that we can go live from our camera to a scheduled live on YouTube?
I know there was a discussion back in 2020 with regards to this but have not seen anything since.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
between Youtube the owners allowing Gopro that. this is not a gopro.com site and al lwe can do is Yap about it

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I know, the live stream function at YT must always be active (among other things, at least 1000 folowers are required for this ...) and a stream has already been carried out successfully. See also: Mit Livestreaming beginnen - Computer - YouTube-Hilfe
Then you can connect to YT for a live stream using the current Quick APP. Otherwise only a stream on Facebook or gopro.com will work without any problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done several streams in the meantime. As long as there are only short (20 minutes) streams and these are made stationary via mobile phone, they work almost without any problems - both on Facebook and on gopro.com. Whereby you have to be logged in to Facebook as a viewer, not to GoPro. But as soon as the stream is supposed to last longer, NONE of my stream has worked without complaint! So far it was the end after a maximum of 40 minutes - once with an error message that the file will be repaired, the next time without errors, the stream was simply ended as if I had ended it. I have never reached the maximum stream duration of 2 hours ... Since I cannot find any setting options in the Quick APP, it has to come from the streaming server. It's not really useful!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts