GoPro Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I've just purchased GoPro Hero 9 and found a big problem with a vertical line showing in the middle of video, only shows when recording- not in preview- in x8 slowmotion fps like 240 or 200 in linear, linear HL and narrow, it's like a subtile difference in brightness levels that clean cuts half of the video. Some users say it's the version 1.5.
Any of you good people keeps a copy of the version 1.22 and can share it? (I'd like to know if its my camera or the firmware to make a decision of returning the camera and the money back)
Thanks

·
Administrator
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I do my best to keep a copy even though I do not have a hero 9.

Reactions: Isaakonfire

·
Registered
13 Posts
My man! It worked!! Uuuuf my camera is ok, it's the firmware update that is causing more problems. People like me in the GoPro community is climbing up the walls!!! No official diagnostic, no response, GoPro is aware of the money they can lose?!
Can I have your permission to post this forum so people can solve their problems through your update copy? If you prefer I can upload it my self to post it there?
Thankyou so much! One problem less and one problem more GoPro has to "update" I guess. Looking forward on sharing anything I can offer to this forum, thank you!

·
Administrator
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Post away the link you have my Permission, I'll dig up the next firmware if I have. @Isaakonfire Not sure ri saved the last oil well

Reactions: Isaakonfire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im supprised I didnt see a single mention about the worthless GPS here. No gauges in the desktop app anymore, and no way I'm going to push 30 GB of video through my phone everytime I video a flight. Dumb Gopro. Absolutly worthless GPS function. Not to mention how terrible the GPS Reception is. It's on the wing of my airplane. I cant give it any clearer sky then that and I still get crappy GPS Signal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im supprised I didnt see a single mention about the worthless GPS here. No gauges in the desktop app anymore, and no way I'm going to push 30 GB of video through my phone everytime I video a flight. Dumb Gopro. Absolutly worthless GPS function. Not to mention how terrible the GPS Reception is. It's on the wing of my airplane. I cant give it any clearer sky then that and I still get crappy GPS Signal.
I tried GPS Gopro app graphics on my ipad just for curiosity and was wrong for sure! The altitude when I was climbing reflected a plain and when there was an actual altitude plain reflected climbing! I don't need it for my job but you know what a crappy stupid thing.
Excuse me a question I have an issue with my camera, it seems related to firmware version only, you know Gopro says it will be fixed eventually, but later I ask other users and say this doesn't happen with their cameras! I'm seeing that GoPro quality control slips some sh*t so if the customers eat it because the fame in the media? Could you please confirm if in your camera in 1.5 version happens what is happening with me in 1080 x8 slowmotion in linear, linear hl and narrow: a vertical line appears in the middle only when recording and stays in the video, in PAL appears immediately but in NTSC appears after a while maybe seconds or a minute.
Please if you could confirm that your 1.5 firmware does or don't does that I'd be deeply grateful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just noticed that I am having the same issue with the vertical line with one side of the footage being darker. I'm filming in 1080x60 in superview. Version 1.50. No idea if there's a temporary fix that I can apply in Premiere Pro but if anyone knows of one, let me know. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to see that, for sure downgrading firmware to any previous version the problem is gone, the word is that this will be fixed in the upcoming firmware update.
Worth mentioning is that I replaced my GoPro 9 (it was having also audio problems) and there's no more vertical lines or anything, so there's that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just noticed that I am having the same issue with the vertical line with one side of the footage being darker. I'm filming in 1080x60 in superview. Version 1.50. No idea if there's a temporary fix that I can apply in Premiere Pro but if anyone knows of one, let me know. Very disappointing. View attachment 6705
Sorry to see that, for sure downgrading firmware to any previous version the problem is gone, the word is that this will be fixed in the upcoming firmware update.
Worth mentioning is that I replaced my GoPro 9 (it was having also audio problems) and there's no more vertical lines or anything, so there's that.
I correct what I said earlier, I also have this vertical line with the new replaced GoPro 9, it will be eventually fixed by updates

·
Registered
2 Posts
The majority of the videos are not going to be saved if your camera battery is below 30%

I wrote a post describing everything here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone we have recently purchased a Gopro Hero 9.
We have had some issues with filming indoors with lights on.
It is creating some major flickering issues on all our footage.
I have searched online and have found some results for options to fix this but seems to be only for older versions of go pro. Can anyone suggest how we can stop the flickering please?!! thankyou

·
Administrator
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Indoor low light, turn off hte EIS, for one. also adjust shutterspeed to a higher level, for example 4K24f, shutterspeed 3 times the 24fps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone we have recently purchased a Gopro Hero 9.
We have had some issues with filming indoors with lights on.
It is creating some major flickering issues on all our footage.
I have searched online and have found some results for options to fix this but seems to be only for older versions of go pro. Can anyone suggest how we can stop the flickering please?!! thankyou
I see from your avatar flag that you are writing from Australia? You must be in PAL zone, first be sure in your antiflickering options you have it set to 50 Hz, that should do the trick but sometimes there's lights that don't behave with the Hz rules so also try switching it to NTSC zone with 60 Hz if 50 didn't work but note that it should be for exceptional light cases, for sure 50 Hz is what your zone demands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone please help me with the black line right down the center of my screen? Can someone give me the 1.22 older version so I can download it or what do I do? Thanks guys !

61 - 80 of 86 Posts