GoPro Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
anyone else experiencing static sounds, clicking noise in video ?
add that to terrible quality and out of focus image and we have unusable camera at our hands

Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
anyone else experiencing static sounds, clicking noise in video ?
add that to terrible quality and out of focus image and we have unusable camera at our hands
From hearing from a persona l friend a few states over he has he popping issue

·
Registered
468 Posts
From hearing from a persona l friend a few states over he has he popping issue
was there any fix to that?

·
Administrator
2,774 Posts
No ticking or popping issue with mine..... I'll check to see what audio setting mins is set to later.....

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
@Boznoz not that I heard of. puts me on hold for sure, in getting one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gopro have stated that they will be releasing a Hero 9 Black firmware update in November 2020 that will allow the use of external mics along with their external mic adapter.

It is now 27 November 2020 and still no firmware update.

YOU HAVE 3 DAYS TO GO GOPRO!!!!

I for one will not be forced into buying one of their Media Mods. Firstly they are too expensive, Secondly they mark/scratch the Hero 9 when inserted and lastly there is a long wait for the bloody things.

Come on Gopro get your act together and release the firmware update that you said you would!!!!

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
They Delayed the Launch to Dec 2020 they note things.

Reactions: kmoulds

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thank you Sir for the heads up. I wasn't aware that Gopro had pushed back the 1.5 firmware update to December. Sorry is that December 2020 or 2021:) my sick humour.
No one knows GoPro is Very Secretive on what they air so for all we know that grabbed shot can be an Early April Fools joke on all. when they release the firmware you will get notified by your App, not by an online unless its at gopro firmware page..

·
Registered
468 Posts
i talked to gopro about this update earlier today, and i specificaly requested information wheter this update will fix audio issues. I will share their output once they reply

·
Registered
468 Posts
so it turns out "they are not aware of any audio issues" , despite the fact that the biggest thread on their own forum is about this, where dozens of customers complain about it, posting videos as proof.
I was offered a replacement, so i will give it a try . I wonder how long it will take as its holiday season and delivery companies are very busy.

There are people stating that they already had a replacement and the issue is still present. But some say their replacement is ok. fingers crossed

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
GoPro staff the Customer service People they know nothing.

it is a Pet rock, said that for years. you never know what you get.

A killer is there are tv shows that are with gopros I wonder if gopro has a commercial brand, and a consumer brand if they share the same camera to all. then the shows dum them in a heartbeat, but they know how to edit Lol

Yep 10 full plus pages or more on the Pop, no snap, but a ton of crackle

·
Administrator
2,774 Posts
Any idea when this new firmware update with the 'little upgrades' (AKA Bug Fixes) is scheduled for release?

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Dec 2020 or the future

·
Registered
32 Posts
You know what really pisses me off is that there are heaps of us out int he real world who would like to do some VLOGing and other video presentations using our own mic setups (RODE & other wireless setups) but we can't because Gopro still hasn't fixed that 'little upgrade'. It's NOT a little firmware upgrade Gopro it's a bloody major one!!!

It's now the middle of December and those of us who wanted to do Christmas presentations in the best way possible can't.

For the price that we paid for the Hero 9 Black I expect better after sales service!!!!

As I said in my previous post GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER GOPRO!!!!!

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

·
Administrator
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
GoPro is not about fixing, they are about Marketing, glad they are not about getting a cure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GoPro have pre-release units that are passed to reviewers etc. These have a basic firmware intended for reviewers to judge the video quality etc. These reviewers are, in effect, testing the camera too, and providing feedback to GoPro.
The actual public firmware undergoes a final tweak, with some final new features, such as Horizon Levelling, being added for the full public release of the camera. As thousands of units have been produced, packaged, and sent to distributers and retail stores by this time for launch day availability, there is no time to update all existing units - hence the prompt to update out of the box.
The next batch of cameras will most likely have the update pre-installed and the camera will be ready to run out of the box.
This is common practice in such industries.
Looks like you were incorrect, all releases after the launch have been basically beta releases with show stopping bugs. I havent been able to use my camera or the 3 replacements, since launch.. its not normal how Gopro go about launchs.

·
Administrator
2,774 Posts
Looks like you were incorrect, all releases after the launch have been basically beta releases with show stopping bugs. I havent been able to use my camera or the 3 replacements, since launch.. its not normal how Gopro go about launchs.
I disagree.
Bugs will always be present and will only be highlighted with a wider rage of uses - its the same with Apple and their latest OS Big Sur for example - released after beta's then has bugs, and gets updates. All tech goes through this cycle.

Beta software is test software. Software thats still being tested and worked on. The first batch did not have beta software - GoPro intended it to be the full release. Yes, as with anything, it has bugs that need to be ironed out but those bugs come from wider usage.
My original statement is a typical product development/launch, and I still believe it to be true (I've worked in the industry).

41 - 60 of 86 Posts