GoPro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can you use a screen protector on a lens mod or does the lens have a slight curve to it? But I know it would be easier to replace the lens mod rather having to replace the camera if both the front or the rear screen get scratched. A scratch would drive me crazy so I guess I answered my own question & will use a screen protector on the front & rear screens only!! Thanks anyway馃憤

Administrator
this is the lens mod Amazon.com other lens mod https://amzn.to/3nqS1gZ
one may come with a case, a lens cap, but no tempered/film protector. you can see the curve on the lens, correct?

Administrator
Im assuming you are referring to the Max Lens Mod?
If so then yes, it is curved, just like most 3D camera lenses. It needs to be this way in order to achieve a wide enough shot.
You should not apply any films or protection to it, although it is made from tough gorilla glass so will not scratch very easily (from my experiences anyways).

Administrator
Here are photos of it. they are well protected with a cap or a cover

Input device Digital camera Product Camera Camera lens
Input device Camera accessory Digital camera Cameras & optics Gadget

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im assuming you are referring to the Max Lens Mod?
If so then yes, it is curved, just like most 3D camera lenses. It needs to be this way in order to achieve a wide enough shot.
You should not apply any films or protection to it, although it is made from tough gorilla glass so will not scratch very easily (from my experiences anyways).
Thanks, it is the Max Lens Mod, I ordered it from GoPro, I like to stick with GoPro products!

Administrator
All you need is that front and rear, the lenses are with a cap if like. never had an issue with the gopro, ask me on DJI Lol even with the tempered glasses Lol

Administrator
馃憤Thanks, I will get the screen protectors for the front & rear screens only!
You don't need to buy anything extra - it will come with a case which you can also use as a lens protector when installed on the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts