GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one found a fix for the lens fogging up in humid weather?

I'm using Wifi remote back and standard (in-camera) battery. The housing of camera get's warm, and if I have camera on my motorcycle helmet, it is cooler, and lens get's fogged up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd say you could make sure them outside temp and camera a near the same tempature before you try again. That should solve it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
go pro fogs up

I have tried a number of ways, anti fog solution, paper strips, paper towels, that were suggested. I kayak fish in Hawaii and those did not work for me. I tried using a little drop of Dawn detergent on the lens. Be sure that you smooth out the drop. It works for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I typically keep my GoPro stored in my vehicle before I shoot outdoors so it has time to acclimate. Some people suggest putting your camera in a bag when going between different environments so any condensation forms on the bag and less likely on any exposed lenses. (DSLR), not so much with a GoPro. I use large media cards and try to keep from opening the case if possible. Fog inserts seem worthless... but I try to keep them handy when going in the ocean. Spit works well on goggles, but I am not suggesting that here. ;-)

This looks like it might be a handy tutorial of additional ideas. I also read about people using a bike pump being blown through a deccident to reduce the moisture and blowing this in the case before closing. IDK, lucky in California it is dry here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ozuoij-KU

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m so glad I just joined this forum. I did so because I’ve been having the same foggy problem with my Hero 2. Shame on me that I hadn’t considered humidity, temperature differences, and condensation. That explains everything. Thanks everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts