GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a Hero 8 Black and a Hero 6 Black which I use for my YouTube channel that is orientated around cars. I'm currently planning a video and I plan to set the cameras in fixed positions inside the car (I'm going to have to gaffa tape one camera in place as I don't know how best to mount it. So I know this would be a pain to remove it each night to bring it indoors) I'll be recording on and off every day over the course of a week.

I've got large capacity memory cards, but I know the batteries will run out and as one cam will be gaffa taped in place rather than keep swapping out the battery, I thought about removing the battery and keeping the cameras powered using their USB C ports.

What I wondered though is, I'm only recording when driving the car, but due to not being able to easily removed one of the cameras, they'll be left overnight in the car and as it's so cold, condensation might form inside the battery compartment as the door/cover needs to be off to access the USB C port. Do you think it might damage the cameras in any way? I might be totally over thinking and it be absolutely fine. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
10,337 Posts
For me, I leave minimal showing in my cars. takes only a few seconds for both to be with/without a camera?
I find the proper mounts if video's in the car is what you are after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts