GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - the faceplate at least!!

Same lens area as the Hero 8 - so fixed and not changeable.
However, the size etc seems like it will be very similar to the Hero 8 - so compatibility with the same GoPro mods etc.

The front screen is larger - could pave the way for a front display like the OSMO Action, although I think it will just be a larger monochrome display. Reason being, the display mod that GoPro promised last year still hasn't been fully released almost a year later!! If the new Hero 9 has a front display it will kill sales of the Display mod before it is even released! I think they want to push the additional mods in order to squeeze more money out of their customers.......

Wonder if they bring out any new accessories this year.......ones that are actually available this time! The release of the mods was an absolute joke!

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
if its another 1/2.3rd sensor I wish all the best.

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surely they can do better this time round! lol

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Will see over time the interest our members here have?

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
New for the Hero 9:
Newer chip
tripod socket
tft screen to leading edge
newer lens

The down side of this all 20% layoff, Nick woodman taking a remainder of the year no salary, catering to the Model market.

Plus members Benefit with discounts , for $60.00 Annually with free cloud, accessories. but still pay a co-pay of $79.00 for replacing a camera two per year, no questions asked. GoPro covers it all, yet they covered what happens if you exceed the 2 per year. works both ways. you wait or lose a customer.

1. Newer Chip are we calling it the GP-4 as the hero 6 GP-1, Hero 7 GP-2, Hero 8 GP-3, Hero 9 will be the GP-1 chip, with updated and modifications to it, possible a larger processor, a few more kb of internal ram etc. a newer color platform, no one knows, no one but GoPro, speculate all we want. its just rumors to it hits the market.
2. GP-1 chip, 1 inch processor. Pinch pinch dreams over, not gonna happen.
3. Tripod Socket, Already space for it the whole bottom of the camera has a chamber for it. Now if GoPro was Smart they offer the Legs as an option, and all of those with the gopro mounts will have to buy, buy buy, question is are they smart enough to done that? I see GoPro off setting the socket, and the folding legs interferring , not folding in when using the tripod socket. Something like the Yi camera has to the side, first Yi was a flaw, 2nd one got it right but still off set. All I can say is wait and see.
4. leading A to edge screen: well that means they are trying to get the proper screen in, finally. Or are they correcting a design flaw, many reported broken back screens, maybe because its not 100% flush, with the mask, overlay film, there is plenty room for the proper screen like DJI, the rear screen but gopro is like no other, will we see a front display, the count down is here will see, only time will tell.
5. newer lenses: always a newer lens of hte 7-8 layer lens always heard this hero 3 newer lens Hero 3+, newer lens Her 4, etc. improved sound, newer audio. There really is no more improvement to these newer lenses but a change in manufacturers that is what I see. this can lead to softer colors, crisper shots, a totally different colour platform all over again.

the items listed are what Are being rumored, GoPro is the source for all new products, will we ever hear from GoPro in advance , maybe. Like any company. I speculate on my own thoughts. All those returns, broken screens, legs, bugs and issues, gopro has one person trying to create firmware, for the Hero 8 Jan 2020 last update, a whole team of gopro on the Hero 9. All I can say is Ground Hog day 2020.

Will I be in on a Hero 9. or will I be waiting on a OAII

One step Forward, 2 steps back. fool me once, fool me twice, three times it's over.

CEO take a no salary for the remainder quarters,
CEO cuts 20% GoPro work force.
Concentrating to the Model consumer
Loss of Profit, since March 2020
Annual plus and copay 79.00 tally $130.00 plus

GoPro hero 9 retail price $459.00 sale 399.99
GoPro Hero 8 Lowest sales $289.99 bundle pkg
GoPro Hero 7 $229.99

Trade up market scheme Off Retail only $100.00

Bugs and issues a never ending story,Nothing like a gopro.

Reactions: Ifti
1 - 6 of 6 Posts