GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The latest GoPro Studio version (2.5.9) does not have a "Save Project As" option under the File menu. There is only a "save" option. So, when making edits to a video, I couldn't figure out how to save the edits under different file names. Since GoPro Studio has a reputation of crashing a lot, resulting in losing long hours of work, I have been saving my video under two or three different file names (Edits1, Edits2, Edits3), and constantly saving my edits under each of these different file names. So, if Edits1 crashes and is lost, you can always open up the one of the other back-up files and resume editing your video without losing all your work. So, I uninstalled the latest GoPro Studio and went back to 2.5.7, which has "Save Project As." I wrote to GoPro support about this issue. Either they are stupid and left out this save option, or I am. I hope I'm the one that is stupid and not the software designers.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The latest GoPro Studio version (2.5.9) does not have a "Save Project As" option under the File menu. There is only a "save" option. So, when making edits to a video, I couldn't figure out how to save the edits under different file names. Since GoPro Studio has a reputation of crashing a lot, resulting in losing long hours of work, I have been saving my video under two or three different file names (Edits1, Edits2, Edits3), and constantly saving my edits under each of these different file names. So, if Edits1 crashes and is lost, you can always open up the one of the other back-up files and resume editing your video without losing all your work. So, I uninstalled the latest GoPro Studio and went back to 2.5.7, which has "Save Project As." I wrote to GoPro support about this issue. Either they are stupid and left out this save option, or I am. I hope I'm the one that is stupid and not the software designers.
Are you on a Mac by any chance? I just checked both MAC and PC and the issue you are describing is on the MAC only as it is a MAC only feature. If you will notice in the File menu, there is a the "Duplicate" option which allows you to duplicate your project and save it with a different name. I don't believe it was done in error, it is more of a MAC OSX functionality. You will notice it as well in TextEdit and other native MAC apps like Preview.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's a MAC. The "save project as" option is there in version 2.5.7 and not 2.5.9. So, the software designers screwed it up. The Duplicate option also does not allow for saving under a different filename...at least I couldn't figure out how to. So, I went back to the previous version 2.5.7. I guess sometimes updated versions are not necessarily better.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Tezopine,

You can save the project using a different name. Once you click "Duplicate", you have 2 options:
1. Rename the file at the top of the app frame. Or
2. Click "File > Save...".

Again this is not necessarily a GoPro Issue but rather a MAC issue. Apple is notorious for changing how things are done in the core of their OS and so app designers are stuck with either using the new method or trying to do a work-around. This is the same case with how a few OS versions back they changed the behavior of the "Maximize" button to Fullscreen mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts