GoPro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first post here and tried searching the Web for help to no avail but here is my problem.

I'm trying to update my hero 8 black to the latest version 2.51 as mine is on 1.9 but quik app says it's upto date so tried the manual way via computer put on an sd card and put in the gopro for it to fail and removed battery to try again and it doesn't even attempt to update am I doing something wrong or is it actually upto date and the 2.51 version is for something else.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Arron

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
how exactly are you putting the files to the Driver? You said put on an sd card and putto gopro, that will be where the problem understanding is at?

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
per the outdated gopro site instrutions to todays

1 open the zipfolder take out placeto a new folder named update in caps or not, all the files.
2 put in camera , it will update.

Do not do the zip only and do not put the zip into the update, the three files only. report bck

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm extracting the zip file to the sd card named as UPDATE as shown on the manual update instructions on the go pro site I then put the card back into the go pro then insert the battery wait till the gopro recognises the battery and turn on it then came up on the screen update failed and will not attempt to update again unless I leave the battery out for a while or put a fresh file on the sd card

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your never going to believe this but I've figured out why its not working :oops: I've got a hero 7 not 8 I cant believe it thank you for all your help.... quite embarrassed now, no idea how this situation even happened, anyway hope you can have a giggle at this :ROFLMAO:

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
well there you go, we do it all the time. glad you figured your issue out, hearing people bricking cameras, putting wrong firmware in and gopro will not allow other firmware in as a safety measure, and we hear people saying the obvious gopro bricked, L I F E!

glad to help out at least you cleared the camera and can start fresh (SMILES)

FISH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts