GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to buy the karma grip to take skiing. I also want to use a portable charger to extend usage time. I've read that the karma grip will charge slowly with a 1A charger, whereas a 3A USB-C charger will essentially keep it topped up all the time during use. I have an existing 10000mAh 5V 2.4A USB-A portable charger. Will this be enough to significantly extend use-time? I.e. does the karma grip either charge only at 1A or 3A, in which case my 2.4A charger will only deliver 1A? Or will it take as much as it can, up to the max of 2.4A, in which case it will probably be OK to use on-the -go?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've charged my Karma Grip from a 2.4 amp 4-port Anker wall brick and measured with a Kill-a-Watt Hour meter. It drew about 12 Watts. I bought the supercharger and it drew about 22 watts from the USB-C port, but the secondary USB-A port on it only outputs 5W it seems, whether I used it with a GoPro camera, Karma, or my iPhone X. YMMV, especially because the Grip wasn't fully discharged at the time, but it seems like you'll be find with a 12W USB charger.

Keep in mind this is all from memory. I can try again in a week when I get back home. But I already returned the Supercharger because it just wasn't worth the $50 for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts