GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new here and currently use a Hero 5 Black to film with. I’m currently filming a group of buddies while we ride ATV’s off road vehicles. We’re slowly building a YouTube channel and I wanted to upgrade to a better more capable camera. Because I normally film the rides but also lead our group as well, so all many see is my view. Since the hero 5 is mounted forward facing on the chin area of my helmet. I wanted to find a way to improve the footage and be able to get footage of the guys behind me.

since I also edit and post all the video I didn’t want multiple cameras as I’d have to edit multiple film streams. Even more work. So the max was my best bet.

now mind you I’m not worried about getting shots with an invisible selfie stick. I’m more wanting to mount the max directly on top of my helmet and film 360 so I can turn the view around “slowly” and get the view behind me, and the guys following me.

Ok, long winded, my question. Is it ok to flush mount this camera directly to the top of my helmet or does it require being lifted off the helmet a few inches? I bought the GoPro helmet adhesive mounts and was hoping that’s sufficient?
Again not looking to get those crazy globe looking shots or such just being able to pan around and get riders behind me also.

wish there was a way to mount it to my handlebars but would have to get a mount high enough to see over me or off to the side behind me??

Any thoughts or suggestions?

appreciate the help.
thanks!

Slawdog

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
You can mount it directly to the top of your helmet. However, having a gap would give you more flexibility for moving the captured shot around without the top of your helmet getting in the way.

I wouldn't have purchased a 2 year old camera either. I would have gone with the Insta360 X3.
Insta360 dominate the market when it comes to 360 cameras.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can mount it directly to the top of your helmet. However, having a gap would give you more flexibility for moving the captured shot around without the top of your helmet getting in the way. I wouldn't have purchased a 2 year old camera either. I would have gone with the Insta360 X3. Insta360 dominate the market when it comes to 360 cameras.
thanks! Yeah I’m not happy with go pro right now to be honest. At check out they offered me to purchase a protection case. Assuming it was matched to the camera I bought. Nope! It was for a hero 11. I called and explained their system shown me a case that won’t even work with my camera and to get a refund. Sadly I now have to hassle with a return. They didn’t seem helpful at all. I ended up going with the max because I recently paid for a years subscription to their membership. Trust me if I struggle with this thing I’ll sell it and get the insta. appreciate the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts