GoPro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a previous post I stated I have a problem with the GoPro 10 in that I can not get night time lapses longer than about 3 hours. On Monday I contacted GoPro support. They took my information and later in the day I got an email asking for more information like resolution, frame rate etc. Of course these features do not apply to photo time lapses. I did not hear anything. I called again and when through the issue as if they did not learn anything from my email. I explained that the questions asked did not apply to this issue. I then got the exact same email asking for this information. I emailed again every settings I was using as well as how it was set up. Heard nothing. I just called again and was told that support can not read emails!!!! ARGH!!!!!

I see no way how this issue or any issue really can be resolved. GoPro support is a mess.

·
Administrator
9,431 Posts
Well they do listen to video's I suggest doing a video and send that in

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a 10 hr timelapse last night no probs.

When you say "I can not get night time lapses longer than about 3 hours" can yuo elborate a bit? What symptoms are you getting? Does it just stop recording? Is the file truncated etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Well it just stops. Did you do photo or video? I am doing photo. I have tried battery in and battery out. AC power and power bank.

dave

·
Administrator
9,431 Posts
so are you saying it shut down, froze and shut down, understanding you are not watching the camera?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so are you saying it shut down, froze and shut down, understanding you are not watching the camera?
I am saying that it turns off. Same settings as on my 9. Start at 5 pm and stop at 9 am. But the 10 stops after around 3 hours.

·
Administrator
9,431 Posts
Are you relying on the internal battery for that long of a timelapse?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you relying on the internal battery for that long of a timelapse?
Yeah wouldn't the camera need to be turned on for such a recording, so i was wondering the same thing, you would need to use at least a 10,000mAh external power bank to run the camera for that duration, or am i missing something here ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No of course no
Yeah wouldn't the camera need to be turned on for such a recording, so i was wondering the same thing, you would need to use at least a 10,000mAh external power bank to run the camera for that duration, or am i missing something here ???
Nope I have a 26,000mAh bank as well as AC powers. Tried again last night at it went from 5pm to 8:30 pm. I am using the same settings as on the GoPro H9B which goes all night. The last on from 5 pm to 9 AM.

t. I am using either AC or powerbank as I mentioned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update.

I did a factory reset and a manual firmware upgrade. Quick test it has gone 5 hours now. Will do a proper overnight tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts