GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a unused Hero 6 Black camera . I have shot video several times but only for less than a minute just trying it out and ever thing seemed to be great . Today it is sunny and about 60 degrees so I went out and tried to get some video at local airport. The camera gets a black screen after only a couple minutes . I can hit the start button and it saves what I have shot and it will work again for a couple minutes . Could this be a heat problem or what ? Thanks for any info about this problem , I sure hope someone knows how to fix it . Thanks for any help fixing this problem .
Not sure if this could be the problem or not but on youtube I saw guys doing the updates and two files loaded at one time and they would drag those two files togather to the sd card in the usb port. I never did see that happen but did drag two files one at a time to the sd card . The camera says I have 2.6 version but the way I did it may be wrong .

I just realized I have another problem . The serial number was stuck on the box the camera came in and without thinking I threw that away . I read that you can remove the battery and see it . I have removed the battery and I think I see a number but unless that part comes out I have no idea how anyone could read it. I was going to try and update the camera again just in case but need the number to get the download . Guess I just goof up a lot .

Ok , found the number on back of camera , still learning .

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
Lets take one issue at a Time:

1. you noticed you had ver 2.6, so to me that you will also see the seriel number there as well, by going to the preference, and going to the about . you will see the name the seriel the version.

2. you see the
screen go blank that is called a screen saver, you can change that in preference, touch-display and chose screen saver to your desired level, remember never will dim to 10% brightness level.

3. two files you mention of another person, tehy are called chapters, you use an editor to join chapters.

hope that corrects the user issues you are experiencing

Fish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets take one issue at a Time:

1. you noticed you had ver 2.6, so to me that you will also see the seriel number there as well, by going to the preference, and going to the about . you will see the name the seriel the version.

2. you see the
screen go blank that is called a screen saver, you can change that in preference, touch-display and chose screen saver to your desired level, remember never will dim to 10% brightness level.

3. two files you mention of another person, tehy are called chapters, you use an editor to join chapters.

hope that corrects the user issues you are experiencing

Fish
Will try again tomorrow , I thought it had stopped recording because I had to hit record button to see anything again. It then saved the video and I had to hit record again . Did not know it was still recording . I have a lot to learn about this camera.

I guess when it does that you just have to hope your aiming at what you want to record.

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
well you really need to learn the camera. that is why they give you recording lites to turn on and off, screen can wake up by pressing the Mode, also highlights a clip. or tap the screen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much . I thought I had messed up with the update and that was part of the problem. I found the screen saver and it was set to 1 min. so I changed that . I did not know it even had that feature on the camera .You are right I need to take a little time to learn how to operate the camera since I have never had one before . It is very nice to have guys like you to help out people like me. My wife is always on me about not reading instructions . Thanks Fish !

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
All a learning curve. all of this , just sit down go through the whole camera by playing with the features and functions. once you get teh knack where it is located the rest becomes natural. When you up your game for a Hero 7, or hero 8 the interface is all new all over again Lol

Glad we helped out.

Fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts