GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Wills Wing Sport 3 155
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a bunch of custom hardware and software for rendering flight telemetry (GPS, airspeed, temperature, humidity, air pressure at multiple points on the wings, radio chatter, voice commentary, heart rate, wing flex, lots more) over the top of my videos. It all works, but syncing the telemetry with the video has significant problems that I'd rather avoid. The .mp4 format supports adding any kind of data stream to the container that you like, but I haven't been able to find anything that suggests that GoPro exposes this to creators. If I could just send all my telemetry to the camera, I'd not have to have my own SD card hardware, and the timestamps on the telemetry packets in the .mp4 would eliminate the need for a manual synchronization process.

Is there any way to accomplish this? My Plan B for sync works, but has quirks that can be a major headache at times.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
Welcome there are 22K plus members here, guess yours is the first . be interesting on your take. keep the site informed so others can learn, if you are looking for answers, it may be a little longer wait , until others members chime in due time, stay tune

1 - 3 of 3 Posts