GoPro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Its long time since i posted something.
Im currently deciding if i want to upgrade from my trusty old H7 to new H9.
Everywhere i look, any video i check, everyone is complaining that this gopro is by far the buggiest.
Bug thread on this site is not helping either.

As far as i remember, this was the same back with the H7, and i never experienced any of the issues i read about. Once or twice i had to restart by longpress of power button, but thats about it.

How many of you already own the H9, and experience issues which are almost impossible to accept?
Is there really problem with camera corrupting the video files?
Image being too soft, almost like a haze, in some resolutions? or was it caused by wrong editing workflow?
I dont perform extreme sports, so i dont mind that occasionaly camera freezes and i have to pull out the battery, and i dont care about the audio quality .
I will miss the remote compatibility, but my remotes battery is already past the point of no return (battery dies after 30 -60min of use) so i guess i wouldnt be using it anyway.

I would be upgrading just for the front screen, horizon level and occasional webcam usage.

Thanks for your honest opinions in using the H9 for the past almost 2 months

·
Administrator
3,027 Posts
I have a Hero 9 and have yet to have any issues.
I did have the odd touch screen issue - where taps wouldn't register - but the update has fixed that.
No complaints from me, and I'm glad I purchased it. Horizon levelling is awesome! If only the max Lens Mod would become available!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ifti, i was hoping you would respond, i enjoy and trust your reviews.
I couldnt wait and just went for it, now i have hero9 sitting on the shelf charging.
So far everything looks good, and the screen is even more responsive than it was on H7, which surprised me.
Tomorrow i will do some comparison shots between H7 and H9 and decide which im going to keep.
Thanks

Reactions: Ifti

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the screen they used in the back is either intentionaly bad / low quality to save on battery consumption or its just simply bad.
Both pictures and video are incredibly hazy on the screen, but thankfuly they are sharp when viewed on pc or mobile device.
Also i saw somewhere that the battery should last longer than on H8, but it certainly does not last longer than H7 does.
I was still at 97% on H7 when on H9 i dropped bellow 90 from full charge on both while testing.
I may get used ot it

·
Administrator
3,027 Posts
Strange - my rear screen looks quite sharp, just like my Hero 8?

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
Con-grats on your Purchase As I am waiting for a Sale, Black Friday is the busiest shopping day as well Cyber Monday. No need to rush for the newest products. I am sure a Open box will get me a nice low price. As I read Blue dots, Audio is a persons option as well o the uses of the camera, Horizon level is awesome but really can work with the Hero 8 till ready to switch to a Nine

·
Administrator
3,027 Posts
I wouldn't mind picking up a Max Lens Mod - not because I need it, just want to try it! - would wait for Black Friday but it looks like another one of those accessories that GoPro promise and then cant deliver for months!
Reminds me of the year late Display Mod...!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its very likely we will have to wait for the lens mode.
But if you think about it, lens mode has no electronics inside, its just a more rounded lens cover. How hard can it be to replicate that?
I hope aliexpres gets hold of aftermarket versions, i wouldnt mind for sure

·
Administrator
3,027 Posts
Lens Mod is Limited out again Max Lens Mod - HERO9 Black Camera | GoPro

was it not available with the bundle or special deals?
Just appears as 'out of stock' for me :(
I input my email to register my interest, so that I receive an email when available, but nothing as of yet. Usually I wouldn't order anything from GoPro direct, but just looking to use some of that 30% discount with the subscription before I cancel it! lol

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
they are out. people say they are in and out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after yesterday i came to the conclusion that YES, H9 is really that bad as advertised.
Selfie pictures, arms lenght ,good lighting conditions, and faces are completely blown out without any details, out of focus, skin tone just one color like from an oil painting, just like when you use beautify on your smartphone, but worse.
Im looking at my old pictures made with H5 and H7 and i wanna cry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts