GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just completed the 30-day free trial of GoPro Plus and paid for my first full month - but am already thinking the whole scheme is a rip-off.

Two of the key benefits I signed up for were Auto Upload to Cloud and Premium Support. Both I've found are not as advertised.

Auto Upload only works if my Hero 5 Black is tethered to a charging cable with the battery at at least 70%. Those details are not made clear in the official GoPro blurb. Likewise, GoPro claims that you can access footage in the cloud from anywhere. Not quite so. Uploaded videos show up on my PC, using Quik Desktop, but not in the Capture app on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have had GoPro support looking into this problem for over a week now with still no resolution in sight.

And speaking of support, Premium Support is supposed to be a benefit of GoPro Plus membership - except it's not. Two GoPro support reps have told me that you only get Premium Support if you have GoPro Plus AND GoPro Care! Again, nothing about this is said in the official blurb.

At best GoPro are misrepresenting facts, at worst they are guilty of misleading marketing and advertising, which, where I live in the UK, is against the law.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else who is having similar experiences with GoPro Plus, or is even having a better experience than I am.

·
Bizarreknives
1 Posts
I'm having the same issues, its really difficult to connect to the cloud to view my videos and they dont upload automatically, it takes hours of frustrating playing with it to get the videos uploaded. Automatically ? I dont think so.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What editing software do you use?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CyberLink Power Director. Best video editing software I have used. Not the most powerful but it will get the job done for basic users to intermediate/advance users. It's nowhere near Adobe Premiere level but it's a few steps under it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Every could out there is a total rip off for Dummies. Period
Of course I do not mean to insult anybody but if you want a cloud build your own one which is limitless, faster, is private and nobody else but you controls it. And dead easy today... and you can calculate yourself after how many months you ll start saving money.

But.... Never heard of cyber link power director, is there a demo ? Will have a look
Other wise: by far best action editing is done by proDAD.. proDreanline, action cam specific... unfortunately I have idiotically switched hardware to apple ... and the new versions are PC only software .. and I just dont have the budget right now to trash all this apple crap
... so any new editing software is a very welcome comment.( although that should be in anprher thread, right ? .. is there one actually?

·
Administrator
9,975 Posts
It is a rip off, will not cover for lost or stolen cameras, and heard it will not stand behind no questioned asked on damaged cameras from my friends. Save your money.
Please explain why a company should pay for your loss of a camera. let me ask this.

You went to the Bank and took out $100.00, you lost the money, will the bank pay you back when you lost the funds..

So like said why would gopro replace a lost camera. Love to hear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please explain why a company should pay for your loss of a camera. let me ask this.

You went to the Bank and took out $100.00, you lost the money, will the bank pay you back when you lost the funds..

Sorry posted on wrong support forum

·
Administrator
2,955 Posts
I also do not use any GoPro software. After purchasing the camera everything with a GoPro label is well overpriced IMO. With the wealth of cheaper third party mounts, which do the same job as GoPro originals, I feel the extra services are a way for GoPro to try to get users to sign up for a subscription service so that they generate extra income on a regular basis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.