GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to getting a gopro, and was hoping to get a bit of help before I purchase the 11

1. For some of my videos I will be interviewing people (on tripod), and at a fixed 2.8 view on video will this focus on both of us ok? In photography it's usually around f4, however looking at general videos on gorpo in YouTube, everything seems to be in focus, background and all.
2. With the narrowest view of 27mm, will this may us look to distorted? It will likely be waist up and full body shots

Thanks

· Administrator
2,294 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Why would you want to use a GoPro as your main interview camera?? I would use a completely different camera entirely. Action cameras are for external use, under plenty of good natural light, and are small enough to be mount on you, or mounted to objects on or around you. GoPro will market their camera for other purposes (to sell more units of course) but its not what action cameras are suited for. For instance, GoPro have plenty of accessories to create a vlogging setup, but when you consider the overall cost its cheaper to buy a mirrorless camera setup, AND it will suit the shooting conditions better, as well as do a better job at the same time! The GoPro camera isn't the complete all rounder that GoPro want you to think it is. Dont fall for their marketing!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be in front of the camera not behind it (no one will be behind it), and I know it will focus. Unfortunately there arn't many other good options/reviews on normal cameras, with a screen I can also see myself, and under $1000 bracket, Australian.

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
@yoz I set my DJI Osmo Action and Action 3 up, the same as the Hero 10 and Hero11 ( I had), the Sensors are bigger today on these two action cameras do a good job but suffer more in low light. We are a goproforum about GoPro products and more, while other members and new members will join down the road, what we can say may or may not help.

1 Research is key.
2 watch real people's reviews, not sponsored ones.
3 buy one with an excellent return policy

Smartphones, point-n-shoot, and even webcams can all do what you want, it is the user that will be the one that gets the job done right with the gear they choose.

this top video thumbnail simply shows the cameras used

here is a person talking about interviews with a hero 9 and canon

here is a few people setting up a studio

here is a gentleman being interviewed a few years back

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@yoz I set my DJI Osmo Action and Action 3 up, the same as the Hero 10 and Hero11 ( I had), the Sensors are bigger today on these two action cameras do a good job but suffer more in low light. We are a goproforum about GoPro products and more, while other members and new members will join down the road, what we can say may or may not help. 1 Research is key. 2 watch real people's reviews, not sponsored ones. 3 buy one with an excellent return policy Smartphones, point-n-shoot, and even webcams can all do what you want, it is the user that will be the one that gets the job done right with the gear they choose. this top video thumbnail simply shows the cameras used
here is a person talking about interviews with a hero 9 and canon
here is a few people setting up a studio
here is a gentleman being interviewed a few years back
Thanks for your advice. This is very helpful :)

· Administrator
7,626 Posts
we are here to help.
here is Our member reviewing, ask him what he is shooting with its not an action camera?

and another

but here is a real persons interview wit ha 360 to think about

and of course you have to find an unhappy camper

Reactions: yoz

· Registered
112 Posts
I am brand new to getting a gopro, and was hoping to get a bit of help before I purchase the 11

1. For some of my videos I will be interviewing people (on tripod), and at a fixed 2.8 view on video will this focus on both of us ok? In photography it's usually around f4, however looking at general videos on gorpo in YouTube, everything seems to be in focus, background and all.
2. With the narrowest view of 27mm, will this may us look to distorted? It will likely be waist up and full body shots

Thanks
Use Linear lens and just do a few tests on how far back you need to be. It should look just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts