GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what type of computer do you use to edit your GoPro videos?
I'd like to use an Ipad or Tablet to edit my GoPro videos however, I don't want to purchase a new Ipad or Tablet and then find out that they won't work ...
Ideally I'd like to use a MacBook Pro but I don't have a lot of money and want to get something that's affordable but also guaranteed to work.
So here's my question, can I use an Ipad or Tablet and if I can, what else would I need to purchase, i.e.; hard drives, etc. ...
I know there are minimum spec's for the computer to work properly and this is my real concern.
What would you suggest?
Thanks for your input and I appreciate your time in helping me with this issue ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
So what type of computer do you use to edit your GoPro videos?
I'd like to use an Ipad or Tablet to edit my GoPro videos however, I don't want to purchase a new Ipad or Tablet and then find out that they won't work ...
Ideally I'd like to use a MacBook Pro but I don't have a lot of money and want to get something that's affordable but also guaranteed to work.
So here's my question, can I use an Ipad or Tablet and if I can, what else would I need to purchase, i.e.; hard drives, etc. ...
I know there are minimum spec's for the computer to work properly and this is my real concern.
What would you suggest?
Thanks for your input and I appreciate your time in helping me with this issue ...
I believe you can use tablets/ipads to edit videos. Just might be a bit more of a hassle. Since first you need to throw your gopro videos to a dropbox(google drive) and then download it to an editable app on the tablet.
Or if you're just doing nothing too extreme edits, just get any okay computer and use GoPro Studio on it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use an ipad 2 with iMovie to edit my videos. Use the camera connection to move the videos from the sd card to the iPad, note you can not go over about 1080 or iPad will not show the video. You can search to see what resolutions the iPad will handle. You also can not use anything over 32gb sd card. Once edited you can upload to the cloud or transfer to a wifi harddrive (what I do). It is nice and small solution but editing software is limited. Check out some of my videos edited on iPad.

http://youtu.be/grodMGBmpGQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.