GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I really enjoy the Gopro cam and the cool features :smile:. I have a Gopro Hero 4 Black and a Macbook Pro and I have just begun my editing career :). I have been working on a project for one week now and I am almost done with my film.
I just had some issues with disk space, so I bought a bigger external HDD and installed it when all my problems started. :frown::crying:

I am a newbie at Gopro and I´ve searched on this forum and the Gopro support forum without getting any further so I hope you guys can help me out!

After I moved all films to my new HDD I cannot find them in the GoPro desktop app witch I´ve seen many people having problems with(gray marked) when i try to import the files in Gopro desktop.

The solution with exporting the files back to normal doesen´t work because my Mac wont let me (also gray marked). I then read that the files must be put on the internal HDD, so I did with the clips I was working with.

Now I can open my project in Gopro Studio, but unfortunately some of my clips are missing and the project looks ruined! Still can't open the files in the GoPro desktop app because it doesn't "find" the media accept if I click the "also show unavailable files".

What I need is some way to restore the files to original Gopro format so I can get the GoPro app to work. Is there some emulator or program to get this done?

Please Help!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Bobby,

Are you trying to import them in Step 2?
GoPro video clips that have already been converted during step 1, can be added to the project in Step 2 "EDIT", All other files need to first be imported in STEP 1, converted and then added in STEP 2.

Does this solve the issue? Let me know.

·
Administrator
9,621 Posts
Kreamcheaz

Have you ever tried going to Step 2 and putting in an AVI not converted by gopro? Have You ever tried putting in a wmv file as well, and seeing only sound gets pit in as a mp3 file?

that is what happens? works that way

FISH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies!

Im talkingabout the overview in the GoPro desktop where I usually find all my videos and pictures Im not sure if this also is called Gopro Studio?

However I dont find the files in this app, therefor it is hard to choose what videos to bring into GoPro Studio to edit, if I don´t have the overview. (Forgive me for my bad spelling...).

It is possible to import some files into step 2 but I dont now what file it is untill it is imported. I would like the overview in the GoPro app to work and I´m guessing it would work if there was a way to shange the files to original format? Is there not any program to get help with this?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thank you for the replies!

Im talkingabout the overview in the GoPro desktop where I usually find all my videos and pictures Im not sure if this also is called Gopro Studio?

However I dont find the files in this app, therefor it is hard to choose what videos to bring into GoPro Studio to edit, if I don´t have the overview. (Forgive me for my bad spelling...).

It is possible to import some files into step 2 but I dont now what file it is untill it is imported. I would like the overview in the GoPro app to work and I´m guessing it would work if there was a way to shange the files to original format? Is there not any program to get help with this?
From my minimal experience with it, as it is a new feature (previously it was just GoPro Studio and there was no media browser setup like this one), you are only able to view unconverted MP4 files but I am not sure. I usually just bypass that option and go straight to GoPro Studio and use the normal MAC preview through finder to view the clips. GoPro and GoPro Studio are very rudimentary apps and if you are interested in doing full edits with better file management, you may be better off with getting a third party editor like imovie, final cut or any other.

·
Administrator
9,621 Posts
gotcha. for windows that is what I know. just saying thanks Kareem. Yeah go figure a program that acts differently

FISH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I try to preview the clips in finder it takes about a minute before each clip starts because it wants to convert the file in Quicktime first.

Is there any other way to se the previews faster?

·
Registered
784 Posts
When I try to preview the clips in finder it takes about a minute before each clip starts because it wants to convert the file in Quicktime first.

Is there any other way to se the previews faster?
I did some searching online and the best way to view converted GoPro footage in Cineform format is to use VLC and the Cineform VLC plugin.
You can download them here:
VLC - http://www.videolan.org/
Cineform plugin for VLC - http://www.kolor.com/cineform-vlc-plugin/

I downloaded and tested it and it works beautifully!

I hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts