GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hero 4 silver. Whatever the stock software is. Windows 10 PC laptop.

I have about had it.. I got a go pro because I've always heard what fantastic cameras they were. I get it.. every SD card I put in it(all on the approved list) come up "SD CARD BUSY" or "SD CARD ERROR".

So I take it back.. Get another one.

SAME ISSUES
"SD card error" "SD Card busy"
Tried three brand new SD cards.

I cannot get the thing to update as I assumed that was the problem.. I have the gopro app and go pro studio on my laptop.. I don't see an update option anywhere when I connect. When I do the app on my phone, it pairs with the device and tries to update but then says "there was a problem, check the connection". My connection is fine.

I'm just really.. really.. really frustrated with this thing. PLEASE HELP.

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
Love to take your camera and work on it and say not the camera.

Welcome aboard

1 Does the folder you are loading to say what in exact words please character for character.

FISH

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Tiredofthisthing,

Before you put the thing up for sale or throw it out the window try to bear with us and we will try to help you. Please take a breath and then do the following:

1. PROPERLY format your SD Card manually USING THIS METHOD.

2. Place the card into your camera (don't try to film or take a photo), navigate your menu and format it again within the camera (yes, againm just do it)

3.. Now do a manual update of the cameras firmware. Go here to see how - CLICK HERE. Then let the camera do it's thing. When you turn on the camera it will shut off and on several times. If successful it will tell you.

When the camera is through updating it will shut down. Turn it back on and try it. It should be good to go. If not, let us know and we will try another avenue.

Remember, when you are dealing with anything new you are going to have to read the documentation and have patience when learning how the camera functions. It may be you have problems with the BIOS but it's rare. More than likely you have something wrong that's easily fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I go to install update it shows everything checked off in blue but the Micro Sd Card "Check your cameras micro sd" and "Not enough space, your SD card is full".

These are both brand new sandisk extreme 64gb sd cards..

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Did you bother to do any of the things I suggested? If not, we can't establish a starting point to help you. You need to format the card and do the manual update. It simply doesn't matter if the card is new. Follow the directions above and let us know if it helped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did what you said. I extracted the folder and got two different files? and a text file.. I did the format.. everything.. Put the micro sd card into the camera, powered it on and nothings happened..

Camera turns on but freezes. Still shows me everything I aim it at but won't let me power off or do anything unless I remove the SD card..

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
Love to take your camera and work on it and say not the camera.

Welcome aboard

1 Does the folder you are loading to say what in exact words please character for character.

FISH
Bump

and in just the driver alone

UPDATE/ 3 files

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give the person who gives me the solution $5 paypal for helping.. Thats not much but thats dinner at subway or something to show how much this matters to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fish I had no idea what "folder that you are loading into" means.. I don't see any folder.

I'm not stupid, I build desktop computers. But I really have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain so I can answer.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The firmware comes in a zip file. I am assuming you put this on your desktop and extracted it, which should give you a second folder on the desktop called update.

Is this the way you did it?

Open the root of your Gopro SD card which is probably on your F drive. Just drag and drop the entire unzipped update folder inside below DCIM and the other files.

Do not put it inside of any of the files you see in the root. Instead just drag and drop the update file into the F drive under the other files.

Then do a safe eject and place the SD card back into the Gopro and let it reboot itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The firmware comes in a zip file. I am assuming you put this on your desktop and extracted it, which should give you a second folder on the desktop called update.

Is this the way you did it?

Open the root of your Gopro SD card which is probably on your F drive. Just drag and drop the entire unzipped update folder inside below DCIM and the other files.

Do not put it inside of any of the files you see in the root. Instead just drag and drop the update file into the F drive under the other files.

Then do a safe eject and place the SD card back into the Gopro and let it reboot itself.
There is no update file. When I extract the zip it comes up as two .bin documents and a text document. No single file is extracted.

I did everything as you stated. I even got the update of the gopro manual page and entered my devices serial number as it requested.

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
@TiredOfThisThing

Are those three files i in read in the UPDATE folder in caps. Yes the folder I read has to be labeled in caps is what I asked.

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no folder, it's those two .bin files and then a text file. But no folder.

Is there a direct place to get the update? Seems the gopro site is not providing what y'all say I need which could solve all the issues.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
There is no folder, it's those two .bin files and then a text file. But no folder.

Is there a direct place to get the update? Seems the gopro site is not providing what y'all say I need which could solve all the issues.

Thank you!
You are simply overlooking this because you are thinking way ti hard, never insulting? what is wrong with the Picture here

Make that File folder

Step one right click on a spot name it in caps UPDATE

steo two take thethree files to the file folder

Step three to thedriver of the gopro

Step four press on , watch it load..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are simply overlooking this because you are thinking way ti hard, never insulting? what is wrong with the Picture here

Make that File folder

Step one right click on a spot name it in caps UPDATE

steo two take thethree files to the file folder

Step three to thedriver of the gopro

Step four press on , watch it load..
I did that. It gave me three beeps and the front says "Camera Update Failed" as a orange light flashes..

Any ideas? At this point I cannot return it as I do not have my receipt which means I'll get no warranty help either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried reformat of the card on my Nikon camera. Now it's updating but stuck in the update mode.. been sitting here flashing for 6 minutes.

I guess all I can do is go pay $50 for another SD card and see if a different type fixes the issue unless you have any other suggestions. For such a well known product they really failed at making this user friendly/workable. These things should work out of the box with the cards that they suggest.

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
Do you need me to show you how to update to version 4.00 & downgrade to version 3.00?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts