Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

i am new here and i would like to share some ideas i've sent today to GoPro support team :) I think all of it could be done only via few changes in firmware. Tell me what you think, if i am totally insane and should go buy some "mature" camera or if there is an possibility that in GoPro someone will think about it:

(info i've sent to GoPro via contact form on their web site)

Hello,

I am one of dozens of lucky owner of your nice GoPro HD2 cameras. Works fine, i like it. But, sorry if i dare :), i have three little ideas to improve functionality of these cameras, that should be done only via firmware change:

1) possibility of exposure modes selection - automatic and manual (with exposure compensation in +-1EV step or so) - i.e. to have little bit more control over exposure when shooting from hand/tripod

2) 720p FOV modes - i am not only one who will appreciate FOV options in 720p mode, like in 1080p (wide, narrow, supernarrow). I think there is a lot space on 11Mpix sensor to crop. Lot of peoples are satisfied with 720p resolution, but FOV options are missing :(

3) burst shooting - is possible to include some few options? Like now is it 10 shots per second in 11mpix mode - i understand, that camera has buffer for 10*11mpix photos, so i think it is possible to add options like "5fps for 2 seconds in 11Mpix" or (again with crop) something like "10fps for 2 seconds in 8Mpix" etc.

I think all of these things mentioned above could improve "creative" use of your GoPro (not only) HD2 cameras all over world :)

What do you think? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Some very good questions

Hi, Some very good questions here gone unanswered....

It concerns me greatly that the Hero 2 is so basic that it will lead to becoming obsolete very quickly.
My intention is to buy two cameras for 3D usage so the investment outlay cost is double.

The last thing anyone wants is for the numerous and very good features mentioned in this & other posts, if to be included with more than a firmware revision solution, but a hardware revision release of Hero 3.

So considering the GoPro Hero 2 is such a 'basic' camera in its current format, it would be wise to wait for the next iteration of the camera's to be released.

·
Administrator
9,346 Posts
still awaiting a promised

still awaiting a promised protunes fw release. and two fw cam out not the Summer one, and Fall is nearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.