GoPro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
the resolution is too low to see clearly, i will have to check when i get home from work on my own 7.

Reactions: ususer

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
What does this icon represent?

Thank you. View attachment 6416
Like to know what LOW LIGHTicon looks like go to the settings, you have it N/A that is the Sign of it N/A. want to know what each settings are. simply click each setting and Protune one as it opens they show an Icon and sa minial of it....

FISH SUN rays with a Slash

·
Registered
396 Posts
strange, i cannot find it on my camera, what version of firmware are you on? do you have protunes turned on ? seems like low light symbol or something

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
@ususer
Read teh post it was answered. Auto Low light is On and you lowered your resolution down why its N/A the Low light see that Picphonics uppler left

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I had trouble reading through your posts. So, it is the low light icon, which is not currently applicable? A double icon? No wonder I could not find it. (note to gopro:superimposing two icons will defeat the entire purpose of having an icon).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot get it to say anything other than "n/a" under low light no matter what i do, including changing the resolution. That is ok though, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
strange, i cannot find it on my camera, what version of firmware are you on? do you have protunes turned on ? seems like low light symbol or something
I do have protune on. Firmware is up to date. I think now it may be doing this because I am at 25 frames per second. Not completely sure.

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
You the User problem is. not understanding the Low light Icon, set the camera so you see Protune On and Low light on and view the main feed screen then go back to your setting and view the mani screen the ICON will be quite clear then.

FISH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You the User problem is. not understanding the Low light Icon, set the camera so you see Protune On and Low light on and view the main feed screen then go back to your setting and view the mani screen the ICON will be quite clear then.

FISH
Well, I would have understood the icon perfectly if they did not mix two icons together. I did look through the entire manual, never saw the icon. Even in your own posted graphic, it is not there.

How can it be "user error" to not understand an icon that is not present in any of the literature?! Even now as you explain this, I still do not see any icon that represents "n/a" in all the graphics you posted... not to mention they are mixing the icons together.

I have protune on and cannot turn low light on no matter what i do. It is ok though, i do not think i need it. I just wanted to know what that icon was and now i do, so thank you.

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
GoPro Icon of Auto low light of your hero 7 Black the first photo is On. showing it off the Icon will not be there. that you Understand . go into your settings turn on and off when the FPS is 50 or 60fps that is when AUto Low light enables.

th Icon of N/A, when you drop fps down below 50, 60 fps. and or playd with the Shutter. it shows in two locations correctly the main screen as a Icon, and in characters N/A.

when the fps correctly chosen it will display Auto in the settings and the Icon on the main display.

Reactions: Boznoz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the way I have it in the first (and second) photo, auto low light is on, and yet it displays as "n/a" in the menu. If that is true, and I am sure it is, why does it not say "on" instead of "n/a"?

GoPro Icon of Auto low light of your hero 7 Black the first photo is On. showing it off the Icon will not be there. that you Understand . go into your settings turn on and off when the FPS is 50 or 60fps that is when AUto Low light enables.

View attachment 6426

th Icon of N/A, when you drop fps down below 50, 60 fps. and or playd with the Shutter. it shows in two locations correctly the main screen as a Icon, and in characters N/A.

View attachment 6423
View attachment 6424 View attachment 6425

when the fps correctly chosen it will display Auto in the settings and the Icon on the main display.

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
Because you dropped your FPS down you get N/A.

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
Low light is a feature you turn on called Auto, or keep Off. you manually can control how th shutter works yourself. Night time the value is Low example 1/24th. for a night scene if you use 2k725f then your shutter should be double the fps. 2k7 1.50th that allows more light to charge the pixals to create a lighter picture. if its High Noon then you increase the shutter speed. not a pro explaining but that is how this camera works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts