GoPro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upload time is showing 822 minutes. Ya thats right 822 minutes. I have a 8 minute video I want to upload to youtube but dont know what I can do to make the video smaller and faster to upload. Please help

·
Registered
18 Posts
are you uploading raw gopro

are you uploading raw gopro video?
most of the time you need to render it in something
I have found h264 mpeg uploads pretty fast

·
Registered
25 Posts
pyrate wrote:are you

pyrate said:
are you uploading raw gopro video?
most of the time you need to render it in something
I have found h264 mpeg uploads pretty fast
I'm gonna give that h264 mpeg a try. It takes me about 4-6hrs to upload a 10 minute long 720 video to YouTube...pretty brutal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shorter video

All of the above are good, BUT, research has shown that most people will only be attentive to a 3-5 minute video. Most YouTube Videos are repetitive and far too long in length. Use your editing skills to only include video of value.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The length should be less,

The length should be less, the youtube video's are too long, plus it is lacking in qualities of some video. First of all quality of the video should be increase and then look up to the length.
granite delray beach

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upload Time

Look it's True, to get the most from YouTube you should keep your video between 3-5 minutes. However, to solved your compression problem, I use a Free product called AVS Video Editor for my editing of course and then convert them using Any Video Converter (that's the actual name of the product) or Freemate Video Converter. They're Free and both work great. No I'm not affiliated with none of the products, I simply used them. I hope this helps?

·
Administrator
9,274 Posts
Upload time is showing 822 minutes. Ya thats right 822 minutes. I have a 8 minute video I want to upload to youtube but dont know what I can do to make the video smaller and faster to upload. Please help

Render your video to WMV HD108P, load up.

I find raw footage is going to take to much time to convert to SWF-FLV

1.5 minutes can get your story across with simple cross fades.

WMV is streamline for online use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
editing before youtube upload

We've been editing with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere for several years - editing into H.264 with AAC audio so we can upload to iTunes, but YouTube vacuums it up also, so it is great for both platforms - and will also work on a Wowza streaming server. We have pretty much transitioned over to editing with Premiere only over the past 2 years. We encode into a range where video "density" is about 350 MB per hour or around 5 MB per minute of finished video. The quality is good, the uploads are fast, and the streams play pretty reliably on most YT enabled devices.
http://youtu.be/1iD--wUABTA - the internal car scenes in this video are shot with GoPro - everything else with a Sony.

·
Administrator
2,825 Posts
All depends on your ISP upload speed.

My videos can be 10mins and around 1.5GB in size.

From home they can take about 2-3 hours to upload.
Hence I upload from work - 2-3 mins! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts