GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gopro hero. I'm trying to view videos and my pc is only letting me view videos one at a time. And it will not let me delete videos or pictures. A message box pops up with this displayed, "Cant Play try viewing something else. This items format may be unsupported, the file extension may be incorrect, of the file may be corrupted." What do I need to do? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's nothing unusual or difficult about gopro image files or video, except the video is quite demanding for older machines to play even at 1080p.
Try a different player such as VLC for the video.
A nice alternative photo viewer and editor is Faststone.

Also transfer the files to the computer rather than trying to play through (slower) USB link or SD card in card reader.

·
Administrator
9,960 Posts
Your gopro is a Mass storage, and card reader. the way it works it stores your recorded video, photo etc on it. it can only play one video at a time, and in order to play it has to buffer it looks like it is downloading to play, and then it will play that one video.

to stop that buffering, you download or remove the sd card to the desktop (computer).

Is that what you are seeing.

Reactions: Dr. Z
1 - 4 of 4 Posts