GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
here is what I found....

I only have a 32 gig card so here is what my camera is telling me... there is no 720 30fps only 60 or 120fps and at 60fps you can get 3hrs and 22mins guessing a 64 will get close to double that (over 6 hours).In 1080 at 30fps you get the same amount of record time as stated above and the 2k at 30fps you get 1hr 30 mins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have both cards and can

I have both cards and can check when I get home. If I remember correctly, 64gb card allows me 720p @ 120 fps of 4 hours 30 minutes even. Same for 1080p @ 60 fps as well. Ill double check when I get in tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I remember correctly, 64gb

"If I remember correctly, 64gb card allows me 720p @ 120 fps of 4 hours 30 minutes even. Same for 1080p @ 60 fps as well. Ill double check when I get in tonight."

That is about what I'm getting...

·
Registered
1 Posts
sd cards holds 17-20 hours of video

Going to Disney and I need a card that holds up to 20 hours not 8 hours. Please need help out. For go Pro Black Hero 4

·
Registered
784 Posts
Going to Disney and I need a card that holds up to 20 hours not 8 hours. Please need help out. For go Pro Black Hero 4
There is only one 128GB SD card recommended by GoPro, but I don't think it will fit all 17-20hours far from it.
Also, I don't recommend you save all your footage on one SD, especially that amount of footage. If the card gets corrupted you are done!

Cheers,

Kareem

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Why do you need 20 hours of footage?

you should open a new thread. you should be looking for a camera that can record more then using such a high rate.

one thing I will say come to a bad sector you are going to be looking for a thread on how to repair a Mp4 file.

If you loose that card all your footage goes along with it lost

If you get a few 64gb cards you save a lot of Money. even better 32 gb card and date the cases.

then to store all your eggs in one basket.

Oh one thing I will say

ORLANDO Showing support

If you are going to timelapse video I truly understand

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a similar response, but I will tone it back just a bit. After spending hours in post production editing down footage, I have come to use the camera in spurts, rather than rolling ridiculous amounts of footage.

Rolling the camera for hours in hopes of catching that one special moment is one thing, but also recording hours of footage that you know will never be used is another. And the real question is, what could you possibly record 20hrs of at Disney that you would ever care to watch again? I can't imagine coming back from a vacation and then just watching through it to pick out the good stuff to edit out. I dread a few hours of it rolling on the hood of a sled or SXS.

Good luck, and don't let me poo poo your plans. As I would bet in all that footage you will capture something that will be gold and worth all the effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i remember when i had my jvc video camera i could get more on the casset if i used lp method - dont know about digital cameras - trying to find out as need to know to buy a card - i currently have a 64 g card and it got full of video with film and still pictures but was wondering how big a card my olympus camera would take - just really confusing because the one camera is new

1 - 10 of 10 Posts