GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long will it take the editor to process a 40 minuets long film, I tried and gave up after 20 mins am I doing something wrong? The recording was in 960-30
joohn

·
Registered
80 Posts
HD video takes a long time to

HD video takes a long time to render. Honestly, plan to leave your computer on overnight and by the time you wake up it might be done

·
Administrator
9,378 Posts
all depends on facts, how

all depends on facts, how new is your pc/mac? processor or ghz , how much memory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply at least

Thanks for the reply at least I know I am doing it right, looks like I will be leaving it working overnight? A lot of data going thro the PC I guess, thanks again.
joohn

·
Registered
18 Posts
It will take probably up to

It will take probably up to 10 hrs depending on your speed of the computer. I know it takes my computer an hour or so to render a 15min on 720/60.

·
Administrator
9,378 Posts
how one goes about editing.

how one goes about editing. adding titles efx, changing res etc. all adds time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fast Rendering - NOT!

For sure it's normal for some rendering operations to take hours...as noted above turning off the lights and going to bed while it happens is a good operating technique.

Anyone have any recommendations on editing software for the Hero's MP4 HD? This is my first MP4-producing camera and my old Adobe Premere Elements definitely doesn't like working with MP4 files all that much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
alot of people are using Sony

alot of people are using Sony Vegas which is what I use but Cyberlink Powerdirector is another good cheap option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Patience... hmm dont have it either :)

hi joohn,
one of the main problem with making your own movie is RENDERING TIME!! of course it depends on your Pc and how many effects you have in that edited video, ...so a lot of effects obviously results in a lot of processing so will need more time! what software do you use?

i looked into it since a video i was working on which was only 3 minutes long took 5 hours of rendering time..... almost went nuts!!!!

so here is what worked for me:

1) try to have different harddrives, one which you use as source and a different one where your rendering video is saved to! (even an external harddrive through a usb 2.0 is better than using only one drive)
2) if you have a good graphics card and video editing software which supports this use the <ins>GPU</ins> for rendering not the CPU (sony vegas pro does this)
3) durring rendering time dont run any other programs (its obvious why)

i got rendering time almost twice the speed with the above ...but you still need patience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.