GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise in advance if this is a dumb question, I'm probably overlooking something really simple here, but one thing I can't figure out is how to livestream using an Android phone on a cellular internet connection.

For the GoPro to connect to the GoPro app, you need to turn on WiFi on the phone. The moment you do this, you lose cellular connection. I don't see an option on my Redmi 6 to run both WiFi and cellular connection.

Should I not be turning on my preview and using the Bluetooth connection only? Will it still stream ok and will the audio from external mic with adapter work ok?

TIA

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
I do not use Droid, I use IOS, so it should be about the same.

you must have Hotspot, go to your settings, turn on hotspot
go to your about/name and write down what you given it, say gopro
go to the hotspot passw. write that down say its hero.

now simply follow gopros prompts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi fish,

I did follow the prompts and one of them days 'you need to be online to register with YouTube'. At that point I have to turn off WiFi in order to get online.

Having not used the livestream before, does it show you your livestream in the app? Do I even need WiFi on? I don't mean my hotspot, I mean the wi-fi that broadcasts the GoPro view to the app?

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
I taken my time and I appreciate the support by simply allowing the video to play, and going on to some affiliate links it cost you about a few seconds of your time, You are new, need to learn the products in Life, that old saying way before your time
See one, Do one Teach one. I show two ways, an Old device and new device as the old has the gopro app, the new the quick app, what is the difference one is about $$$ and using it to the fullest. the quick answer is Yes, the long answer is watch the video and Learn.

hope the vid helped out We were all new once

Oh those two streams i did did not get to youtube Lol because the camera takes FOREVER to transfer

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Android mobile phone must allow the simultaneous use of WLAN, mobile data BT and mobile hotspot! Many cell phones cannot use WiFi at mobile hotspots, but this is necessary to connect to the Gopro!
If in doubt, you can also use 2 cell phones ...
1. Mobile phone to control the camera (WLAN, BT required)
2. Mobile phone for streaming (mobile data and hotspot required).
A stream on YT is imho a bit complicated, because on the YT side certain requirements have to be met ... A stream on gopro.com or Facebook works easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologise in advance if this is a dumb question, I'm probably overlooking something really simple here, but one thing I can't figure out is how to livestream using an Android phone on a cellular internet connection.

For the GoPro to connect to the GoPro app, you need to turn on WiFi on the phone. The moment you do this, you lose cellular connection. I don't see an option on my Redmi 6 to run both WiFi and cellular connection.

Should I not be turning on my preview and using the Bluetooth connection only? Will it still stream ok and will the audio from external mic with adapter work ok?

TIA
I use x
The Android mobile phone must allow the simultaneous use of WLAN, mobile data BT and mobile hotspot! Many cell phones cannot use WiFi at mobile hotspots, but this is necessary to connect to the Gopro!
If in doubt, you can also use 2 cell phones ...
1. Mobile phone to control the camera (WLAN, BT required)
2. Mobile phone for streaming (mobile data and hotspot required).
A stream on YT is imho a bit complicated, because on the YT side certain requirements have to be met ... A stream on gopro.com or Facebook works easier.
Works ok with my xiaomi mi 11... I turn on WiFi and Bluetooth then hotspot. Can take a few trys and sometimes have to reboot phone and GoPro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts