GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I bought a GoPro Hero 3 White Edition 2 days ago. I am completely new to GoPro devices. Now I am using it to record videos that can easily last longer than one hour. The average maybe about 1.5 or 2 hours. However, I was surprised to find when I connected my device to the GoPro Studio Software to import the videos on to my Mac, the files were split into on average 20 minute length files.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to stop the files from being split, so that it's one file? I can't see a setting to do this. If I change the screen resolution for recording will it record longer files? Please help as I have read the manual and I can't see any information about this.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
9,365 Posts
It is a Fat-32 formatting thing. file sizis 3.84gb (4gb) average of 17 min of video

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Fat-32 formatting thing. file sizis 3.84gb (4gb) average of 17 min of video
Thanks for your reply. So in short there is no way around it, correct?

I wish they had told me this when I was buying it. It just feels a bit sneaky no telling people this kind of info.

·
Administrator
9,365 Posts
Nothing Sneaky Been out in the open since the beginning of 2000 or so. You edit together no loss of video.

·
Administrator
2,843 Posts
The videos can be placed together on the editing timeline and will connect seamlessly.
As stated above, its a file format limitation used on the memory card, not a fault with the camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts