GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lens type set to Linear + Horz Leveling but for some reason, when video, it is not happening as I spin or tilt the GoPro Hero 9....

Jeff W Waldrop

·
Registered
425 Posts
For horizon level when spinning you will need max lens mod which is sold separately. without it, camera will keep the horizon level up to cca 30 degrees in each direction , then it will tilt.

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For horizon level when spinning you will need max lens mod which is sold separately. without it, camera will keep the horizon level up to cca 30 degrees in each direction , then it will tilt.
Oh, Didn't realize that....

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Administrator
3,030 Posts
Horizon levelling works when the camera is tilt to around 45 degrees. It cant work any further then that. If you want to go further then the Max Lens Mod is required, as stated above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long has the Lens Mod been out of stock?

Jeff

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
With todays internet

and when going to the site

Saying its Limited availability simply says its in today, out tomorrow. I see Europe has them today US tomorrow, you gots the camera, when it becomes available you'll have one soon (Smiles)

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
i hear ya and wish the best of luck on it. over time its a loss of interest.

at 100.00 a clip. I really wonder if its worth the troubles (for me)

·
Registered
425 Posts
i do hope china comes with cheaper alternative very soon.
How hard can it be to replicate piece of plastic with curved glass

Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
totally agree. does the camera sense the max lens module in any way?

·
Administrator
3,030 Posts
totally agree. does the camera sense the max lens module in any way?
No, its just a physical lens. You need to place the camera in the Max Lens Mode in order to use the lens correctly. the lens itself does not interface with the software in any way. You use the camera to either switch the feature on or off. If you switch it on without the lens attached the resulting image will be warped and unusable. Similarly, if you have the lens attached and do not switch to the correct mode in camera, you just get a circular view of the image - like a 360 camera.

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
more of a Fisheye. thanks, @Ifti?

·
Registered
425 Posts
.... If you switch it on without the lens attached the resulting image will be warped and unusable. Similarly, if you have the lens attached and do not switch to the correct mode in camera, you just get a circular view of the image - like a 360 camera.....
This gave me an idea. What if the issue with out-of-focus video and images is related to gopro intentionaly shifting the focus of the lens so once you attach the max lens mod it will be more usable?
Do you have the max lens mod available to do some tests for me?

EDIT: The more i think about it, the more it makes sense to me. I have checked side view photos of gopro with the max lens mod attached, and it sticks so much forwards, that it must be affecting the focusing plane. I bet they tried to make a compromise so they adjusted the focus somewhere in the middle to accomodate both lenses.

Reactions: Ifti

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, its just a physical lens. You need to place the camera in the Max Lens Mode in order to use the lens correctly. the lens itself does not interface with the software in any way. You use the camera to either switch the feature on or off. If you switch it on without the lens attached the resulting image will be warped and unusable. Similarly, if you have the lens attached and do not switch to the correct mode in camera, you just get a circular view of the image - like a 360 camera.

They are back in Stock. Ordered mine yesterday....

Jeff

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
well they are in here good luck. 2:16 PM Nov 20th 2020 as I c/p and submit

·
Administrator
10,128 Posts
They seem to be in stock in the US, but not in the UK :(
still today do I order one and send it to you, how hot they are. to someone (Grin)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts