GoPro Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got the recommended tape and performed the repair. Initial test seems to completely eliminate the helicopter sound. Very happy! I'll test for a few more months and report back. Thanks again to the OP, you are my GoPro Hero!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just got the recommended tape and performed the repair. Initial test seems to completely eliminate the helicopter sound. Very happy! I'll test for a few more months and report back. Thanks again to the OP, you are my GoPro Hero!
You are welcome!:wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, for the ones that have repaired your camera following the instructions, any information to share about the performance ofd the camera and the performance of the fix thru the time? Do you continue having the same results (No helicopter noise) and good WIFI signal?

I started a process to return my one 2 months Hero 4 Black, but if the replacement is defective as well, I'll go for this fix, so I'm just trying to confirm if you have had any issue after the repair.

Thanks for the original post and share the good initiatives like this.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've done the fix with zero problems. I've had it done now for maybe six months with good wifi and the noise is gone. If you do the mod, take your time, be methodical and you should be fine. I took a photo at each step to insure that I was able to get things back together properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another successful fix here.

Bought the my hero 4 black second hand 3 weeks ago from someone who had used it once and stuck it in a draw,thing was/is like new.

Made 1 video and thought i'd made a setup somewhere wrong so did a session of googling and came across the helicopter noise and then this forum.

Spoke to support who said that they couldn't replace the camera because i had no receipt and even if i did warranties can't be passed to a new owner.

I sent them links to this forum thread and to a few youtube videos with problems and fixes,all they were willing to do was offer me a 20% discount on a new camera from their website,but first i had to send mine in. Duh ok.

Shame they haven't got the stones to call it a defect and recall them,how many people have had to have cameras replaced umpteen times?

Anyhoo here are my pics,albeit not as neat as others but it works.now it hears a gnats fart at 50 paces :) Sorry photos removed. See below (reason for editing).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do the two pieces of copper tape have to be grounded anywhere?

Or is that already done by the two "shapes" of copper foil shown in the photo?

How wide does the copper tape have to be?

Can anyone recommend a UK brand of copper tape?

OK, you can relax now - the interrogation is over :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts