GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I last used the GoPro on Friday afternoon with no issues. I was left in the glove box yesterday. I brought it in to charge, and it will not. I have also turn it on, with no success. With the battery in the camera, the area in the front where it says "Hero4" gets very warm. I have tried leaving the battery out of the camera, for the device to cool down. This did not see to help either, as the front part began to warm up again, without the device being turned on.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my battery now dead, and need a new one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That does not sound right when the camera is off. make sure wifi is off also. otherwise, consider returning for a replacement, or if not possible, seek a warranty repair from gopro. good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
same thing just happened to me...left it in the car over the weekend and today tried to turn on with no luck. when i connect to power source the lights doesnt come on and on a windows 7 it says bad device and wont even show on my macbook(it is a 2006 tho). tried everything i could find online and nothing. any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem. Hero4 Silver. Began with a warnings that it was too hot and shutting down. Then it shuts down. The battery felt cool as did the unit. After waiting a full night it wouldn't even turn on. Tried charging it. No "ON" light appears. It won't turn on. Take out the SD card, GoPro recommended Lexar, and the unit still won't go on. Take out the battery and leave it out for a bit, then try again with no luck. Have searched the internet over and over only to find the same problems but no solutions. So here we are in Costa Rica kayaking thru the mangroves and caves unable to record it. And this is the reason we brought it here. No one answers customer service at GoPro. What can I do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts