GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy the Go Pro Hero 2 and I will mainly be using it on a Skateboard, Snowboard, ATV and for time lapse driving videos. Which Hero2 model / accessories should I buy and I was wondering what SD card(s) I would need and what setting to use to make a 24-28 hour road trip video. I don't care if its not in 1080p and can even be in VGA although if possible I would like somewhat good quality during the road trip video's. Also I will have my laptop during the road trip and can always stop and transfer the videos onto the laptop if needed to clear space on the camera, although I would rather not stop more than 3-4 times to do so. Also will I be able to charge it with my car adapter or does it take batteries that I will have to frequently change? If so how many / what type of batteries will I need for 24-28 hours of use? Any other helpful information / accessories I should get for a 24-28 hour time lapse driving video please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You should definitely pick up

You should definitely pick up the Motorsports Edition. You should also invest in the OFFICIAL GoPro wall charger because you can record and power your GoPro simultaneously with it. Also pick up and official auto adapter as well. You could either use that, the wall charger or your laptop to extend battery life. And if you wish to record for even more extended periods of time. You might want to take a look at the battery bacpac too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks I just bought

Awesome, thanks I just bought the motorsports edition and 32gb sd card, if I buy a duel usb car charger from radio shack and charge my phone / gopro while on the road trip at the same time will it stay charged while in time lapse mode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.