GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was about to sell my Hero 7 gear and buy a new Hero 9 camera, then i realized to check if my current 256gb Sansung Evo Plus cards will be compatible with the 9, and according to the following link, they are not supported, which for me seem to be rather strange, why one card will work fine on n older camera but not on the newer model.

Can someone please clarify this, as i will need to sell my current cards with my Hero 7 kit and upgrade to newer and larger capacity cards for the Hero 9.

Also, is it really correct that the Hero 9 can use a 512gb Lexar card as per that list.

Cheers

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
gopro recommends, does not mean you have to use that card. that said you can try the card and am sure it will work, gopro loves samsung years ago, they took them off their list, and rather give sandisk the business. Samsung, and sandisk are two awesome cards along with the lexar. just do not get the Pixar lowest end of sandisk a bestbuy made card

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i would rather use Lexar and Samsung over any other brand, but have you heard about the "Angelbird" brand, from Austria.

They only make 128gb and 256gb micro cards at the moment, but they are the fast 280MB/s ones, suited for high bitrate recording modes, and they make all of their cards and recording devices to be 100% compatible with Blackmagic Cameras, my Son uses their AV Pro C-Fast cards for recording, has never missed a beat.

Pretty hard to beat the sale price of the Hero 9 on the GoPro Australia website, $529 which includes the camera with battery, a 1 year Sub, a 64gb card, and a spare battery.

Just got to decide if i should also add the dual battery charger and spare battery kit to my order, as i really do like to run with at least 3 batteries, and charging 2 batteries at once is handy as well.

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
All you on what you like to purchase. . let us all know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts