GoPro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having a problem with the Hero 9 front screen fogging up. Its happened to me on three different occasions now. I spoke to GoPro and the rep. gave me the attitude, if the recording isn't affected what does it matter? Try it again and see what happens? Well 2 times later it still does it. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
10,356 Posts
Went in the water? a few options return the camera.

·
Administrator
10,356 Posts
thank you. well if its Humid that be one way moisture got in, try to open the door and let dry on a towel or bag of rice for a few days

·
Administrator
3,096 Posts
I would use the warranty on that TBH....... it would bug the **** out of me!

·
Administrator
10,356 Posts
Hero 9 Purchases were with a free no questions asked warranty, Yes @Ifti is right on that to use it, get with another rep , you must have hit one that just was not supportive enough

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone having a problem with the Hero 9 front screen fogging up. Its happened to me on three different occasions now. I spoke to GoPro and the rep. gave me the attitude, if the recording isn't affected what does it matter? Try it again and see what happens? Well 2 times later it still does it. Any suggestions? View attachment 6697
I have the same problem with mine, and it occurs some times when moving from warmer temperature zones, like in the sun, to locations with temperatures close to zero dergrees. The shop I bought it was helpful enough to send it in for testing, but since they could not replicate the conditions it starts failing, they concludet there was nothing wrong with it. The only way moisture can get inside the camera is if something is not sufficiently sealed, so its obviousely a production error. To make it worse my camera cant handle any less than full sunlight or the footage shakes like crazy. I had hoped this would be corrected with a firmware update since there are quite a few struggling with this, but so far no luck. Thankfully I still have my Hero 7.
So unfortunately no help in my reply, but know you are not alone:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone. When I have time I will contact GoPro and hopefully get a better rep

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had my second call with them today. Rep asked what sd card I use, settings I film in how many fps (usually 4k or 2.7 and highest fps) she said that that makes the camera hot. I hadn't updated my camera to the current version so I did that, and she said that it should stop the issue. Since I didn't do the update prior I will try this a see what happens. I really don't think a software update will help fogging but who knows.

·
Administrator
10,356 Posts
GoPro will want to Troubleshoot you for a good 2 hours before they can agree for a return,I would request for them to send a new camera and you simply have to tell them. how can firmware fix a moisture issue?

it took me saying for an hour, I want a Supervisor, I swear I said that 300 times. it took them on the 301triesto transfer me. and guess what, they were not helpful either.

the reps think they are the Leader and you can not get pass them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts