GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Hero 9 owner here. I have been using a SanDisk card for the past couple of weeks, still has plenty of room. However several days ago files I had recorded started not showing up on the camera or in the Iphone Quick app. I got home from vacation today and figured all would be solved by placing the SD card in my desktop PC and looking in the folder. Alas, same thing. A google search revealed this is a common problem but the solution is unclear.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. Camera was working normally as I captured several photos and videos over the weekend. plenty of space on my memory card, which I purchased from GoPro with the camera. Went to check my photos today and nothing was saved. Really disappointing. Hope this can be resolved, I took a lot of photos with friends and family that I will not be able to "re-do".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been unable to recover my "missing" ones. Unfortunately, I read a description of this problem but did not read it in sufficient detail. I saw posts about simply placing the SD card in a computer and they would show up. So, I continued to use the GoPro 9 and same SD card for the next few days, until I got home.. What appears to have happened it that I over-wrote files, numerous times. Software to rescue the files shows three file names repeated numerous times with exactly the same file size each time, different dates. Despite these three files being repeatedly listed via the rescue software, I have not been able to find any way to play the video files. The particular SD disk contained several days worth of video from my road trip to Death Valley, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Grand Teton National Park. I am very lucky files from those parks were all fine, it was the part of my trip in Rocky Mountain National Park then Kansas and Missouri that I lost. I would have been very angry if I had made the same set of assumptions and ended up losing the California, Wyoming and Utah video ! I have owned many different cameras that use SD cards and never had a lost or corrupted file before . I know "things happen" but a Google search on this topics reveals it happens a lot with GoPro cameras. I have owned my Hero 9 for a month and am now hesitant to trust it in the future. it might be eBay listing time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been unable to recover my "missing" ones. Unfortunately, I read a description of this problem but did not read it in sufficient detail. I saw posts about simply placing the SD card in a computer and they would show up. So, I continued to use the GoPro 9 and same SD card for the next few days, until I got home.. What appears to have happened it that I over-wrote files, numerous times. Software to rescue the files shows three file names repeated numerous times with exactly the same file size each time, different dates. Despite these three files being repeatedly listed via the rescue software, I have not been able to find any way to play the video files. The particular SD disk contained several days worth of video from my road trip to Death Valley, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Grand Teton National Park. I am very lucky files from those parks were all fine, it was the part of my trip in Rocky Mountain National Park then Kansas and Missouri that I lost. I would have been very angry if I had made the same set of assumptions and ended up losing the California, Wyoming and Utah video ! I have owned many different cameras that use SD cards and never had a lost or corrupted file before . I know "things happen" but a Google search on this topics reveals it happens a lot with GoPro cameras. I have owned my Hero 9 for a month and am now hesitant to trust it in the future. it might be eBay listing time.
I understand your frustration! Really glad you were able to hold on to most of your footage, sounds like an epic trip to all those places! My footage was less exciting but still, was a beautiful hike with my boyfriend to celebrate my niece's birthday, who passed just last year. Really would have loved to have some photos to commemorate her first birthday not with us..

I've owned mine since Christmastime and I have experienced a few glitches already. It just seems to be really touchy. sometimes turns off for no reason, will tell me there's an SD error or needs to be reset in the middle of using it. I've had to take the battery and SD card out and re-insert on several occasions to reset the thing. I got it as a gift too, which makes me feel so bad for my boyfriend when he hears me complain about it! Like I said, really disappointing. I hope you have better luck with it or at least make a decent sale on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts