GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

new to forum and gopro. I had hero 7 its battery died to me in like 90 minutes when NOT shooting. I took like 2 minutes video combined and 5 stills. The rest was on standby/turned off. With gps/wifi/voice/everything turned off. So I returned it.

Now I'd like to try hero 9, but I'd like to know, what to expect regarding battery. My usecase is to take it to hiking/trip with kid etc. and return home with say 10-20 minutes of video tops, and I'd like hero survive whole day.

Will it survive whole day if I'm not taking any video/pictures and it is just ready for taking video/pics but I never took any? Ie. what is expected standby battery life time?
Also there are some claims, that gopro 9 will take ~90 minutes of fhd video on 1 battery? Is that true, or will it die after 10 minutes?

Thanks!
M.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi Alfonz,
What temperature were you shooting in? My H7 dies very quickly when its around 0 degrees celsius, but its ok in warmer temperatures. I dont shoot that much in winter so i dont mind.
My H9 has been returned to Gopro for replacement, so i dont know about that one.
But in my opinion you would be better off with H8 instead, H9 has too many bugs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alfonz,
What temperature were you shooting in? My H7 dies very quickly when its around 0 degrees celsius, but its ok in warmer temperatures. I dont shoot that much in winter so i dont mind.
My H9 has been returned to Gopro for replacement, so i dont know about that one.
But in my opinion you would be better off with H8 instead, H9 has too many bugs

actually it was like 30°C :D Should be OK IMHO(wasn't).

2nd actually, I have the packaging with h9 right before me, I just didn't open it yet. I though, that the bugs were resolved already. Can you share some of them so that I know if I should proceed with unpacking? :|

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
EW Latest release:
HERO9 Black update v1.5 | December 17, 2020
HERO9 Black update v1.5
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

• Provides support for The Remote
  • Provides support for the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter
  • Improves HyperSmooth performance at cold temperatures
  • Offers faster wireless offloads to the GoPro app
  • Improves GPS lock and accuracy
  • Provides support for Live Streaming with the Max Lens Mod
USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
  • Improvements to Scheduled Capture
  • General bug fixes and user interface improvements

·
Registered
490 Posts
yeah. i wonder how many bugs will get actualy solved by that update.

Please note that not all H9 units had these issues, i just happened to be the lucky one to experience them all :

The worst one is audio popping issue . best described in Hero 9 audio pops , quite many people had this.
Then the image quailty is worse than it used to be , image is simply overprocessed , no matter which sharpnes setting you set.
Focus plane too far for the usual selfie shots at arms lenght. so faces are out of focus just enough to make me angry.
Rear screen becomes unresponsive every now and then, only physical buttons work

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
WHen they say bugs - n - issues its just saying generally speaking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts