GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to go pros so the 9 is my first. One selling point I went for was the ‘bigger’ battery.
I’m getting used to the camera but one thing that has shocked me is how quick the battery drains. For example; 15mins of time warp took 20% of the battery and so did a night lapse of approx 20mins.

Is this to be expected or is it excessive?

·
Administrator
10,344 Posts
Hero 9 has a larger sized bat, you got 5K, power consumption, battery want more run time, use a power bank. you are going to start to figure out for you what is more important leaving the screen on 100% brightness and never and drain down in a heartbeat filming in 5K, or start shutting things off and minimizing to be conservative? the fun of GoPro

Reactions: Ste Walker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome to the forum, yeah the battery has no record runtime but you must see that GoPro are Cams with high performance so battery has to do a hard job - I would suggest to make some tests for not to be surprised.

Ciao Rob
Hi Rob.
Thanks for the info. I ran some tests and compared it with similar tests that people have posted on YouTube and the results are similar.
Re Time lapses; how do people have them running for hours if the battery’s don’t last long?
Cheers
Steve.

·
Administrator
10,344 Posts
just saying again we remove the battery, we use a powerbank or use ac power, if you simply try that in front of you takes whomping minute and your question will be answered (SMILES)

Reactions: Jatekman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just saying again we remove the battery, we use a powerbank or use ac power, if you simply try that in front of you takes whomping minute and your question will be answered (SMILES)
[/QUOTE
Makes sense. Thanks !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts