GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has come up before, but I need to rant. I have 2 Hero 8 cameras and I mostly use them for motovlogging. I have mostly used a seperate audio recorder but decided to treat myself to a media mod so I could simply plug in mt lavalier mic and forget all those syncing audio/video problems.
I have now tried 3 lavalier mics and all give the same result, audio on one channel only. 2 of them give left audio and the third right audio only. I have checked all 3 mics with other devices and they work just fine. If you pull the 3.5mm jack out of the media mod by approx 3-4mm, you can pick up the other channel, meaning that the pick ups in the media mod are either misaligned or cannot reach the contact point on the jack plug. For an £80 piece of kit this is very poor from Gopro and I am having to wait till tomorrow to be able to open a support case with technical. Why are these things not checked properly before leaving the factory?

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Before you rant further , my suggestion take a photo for me, show the Plug end, right now that is what I care about, before I go further in the comment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fish, no need for a photo. I know the differences between TS , TRS and TRRS. All 3 mics are TRS and work perfectly with my Tascam stereo recorder

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
thank you, So do you think the 3.5mm port is the issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fish,

Yes definitely. Between the 3 different Lav mics, 2 give me audio on the lhs and the 3rd on the rhs only. If I pull the mics , that only give audio on the lhs, maybe 2-3mm out of the jack socket they give me audio only on the rhs

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
I have a dozen mics, all works 100% with the 3.5mm promic adapter. I am sure something is not right ground, diode etc not sure.

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
I haven't been too impressed with any of the mods. They feel a little too 'gimmicky' for my liking. And the display mod, well that isn't even available a year after it's debut!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts