GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my HERO 8 Black last week. GPS is turned on in preferences and the icon shows up white while on the setting screen but when I go to a video mode (out doors with a clear open sky) there is no GPS icon and I'm not getting and GPS data. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Vic Wilcox

·
Administrator
9,949 Posts
GPs will work, if you allow the time, once it locks on you should be good, mine works. And only on the gopro App not Desktop and Win 10 , goPro gave up on Quick last year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my HERO 8 Black last week. GPS is turned on in preferences and the icon shows up white while on the setting screen but when I go to a video mode (out doors with a clear open sky) there is no GPS icon and I'm not getting and GPS data. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Vic Wilcox
Now, GoPro Quik App for Desktop don't have profile to download gps data. It's necessary use Quik Mobile. =(

I'm waiting for update...

·
Administrator
9,949 Posts
Once again:
If you bought a gopro Hero 8. Use the Mobile App, after the video is Downloaded, open the editor in the app, its the second one on the right with three squares (IOS). chose the Pencil, then on the bottom scroll left to you see stickers. and add your icons of gps. pressiing again on each icon shifts the badges made.

On the camera alone and gopro app. Turn on camera outside. swipe down watch and wait for thewhite Icon tear drop to change from gray towhite, wait 10 more seconds, and Happy filming

see video. I will make if clearification is needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just owned the GP Hero 8 Black, after using for many years Sony, the last one FDR-X3000. Is there no SW like PlayMemories Home as Sony has, for desktop, which is very usefull in editing and viewing videos with gps info. GP Quick seems to be rather a very basic SW. I prefer to edit on a desktop and not forcing my old eyes to do it on a tiny handy app. Or am I missing anything I haven´t found on GP´s site? Thanks

·
Administrator
9,949 Posts
Quick desktop last update was in 2018. they chose to be Mobile. Gopro has said they will release for the future, they never discusss, products being released or software. so on that note stay tuned.

FISH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts