GoPro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m stumped I just did 10k miles with the 7 silver on the dash. GoPro refused to build loop into this model but we were happy non the less. We cleared the card every few days no problem.
Today gearing up for the next release I added our hero 8 black to the dash. What am I doing wrong. The 8 black doesn’t charge while it’s filming and when it’s not filming it’s still losing power. No issues in 45 days charging the 7, I plug the 8 in and not only does it not charge while filming it loses power while it claims it charges.
R

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Hero 8 does not record while charging. All my Hero blacks never recorded while charging, what you will need to do is remove the Battery and it will record, without a battery in. how Gopros are. I rather own a camera that records and charges and standsby, like a DJI Osmo Action at half the price,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hero 8 does not record while charging. All my Hero blacks never recorded while charging, what you will need to do is remove the Battery and it will record, without a battery in. how Gopros are. I rather own a camera that records and charges and standsby, like a DJI Osmo Action at half the price,
Thanks for chiming sounds like you are implying it will record if I remove the battery. I am going to give that a try today but a bit disappointed at the moment.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
that is how gopro works, you must remove the battery to get it to do it unlimited, on the silver and white, impossible to do. removing a battery even a Session

will pop in with a video live demo in 5 minutes

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts

no one ever reports the issues of a gopro, you must

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll tell you why we are here. Neither the GoPro, dual charger or the batteries themselves have any means to prevent over charging. I am sure the option to charge while running was nerfed by lawyers. Our other camera batteries can be on the charger for months. Your battery in the camera or in the dual charger will be bulging at two weeks and nearly impossible to remove at a month. I’ve tossed more than a few GoPro batteries.

I’m trying without a battery but it’s not the same. Lots of file errors. Stall out and lose everything. I will run it for a few months to seal deal. Just bummed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m stumped I just did 10k miles with the 7 silver on the dash. GoPro refused to build loop into this model but we were happy non the less. We cleared the card every few days no problem.
Today gearing up for the next release I added our hero 8 black to the dash. What am I doing wrong.
I record while charging but you need the multimedia case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run an external power bank to multimedia case on GoPro 8 and use external microphone in...records fine 12 hours plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts