GoPro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are the Firmwares for the Hero 5 Black and Hero 5 Session. Choose the filefolder of your camera and the list of firmwares are in there. Below are the list of released firmwares listed below See Ifti's warning video posted below. These are all trouble free before FW 20 and battery one

FISH.

Hero 5 Sessiom

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3lKodQ5hQ5cUzZ6dHV2MC1PbWs?usp=sharing

Hero 5 Session FW 1.20

Hero 5 Session FW 1.50

For the Hero 5 Black

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3lKodQ5hQ5cVGpYN1lfS0NJamc?usp=sharing

Hero 5 Black FW 1.20

Hero 5 Black FW 1.50

Hero 5 Black FW 1.55

topic will be removed and reinstated correctly Please stay tuned. work for hte fw sorry its in here

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have tried this and indeed worked 100% for me. Reverting back to 1.5 I can now put back my non GoPro batteries and the GoPro turns on. Unlike in v01.55.
Thank you very much for posting this

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for this update guess i won't update to 1.55 then as i have 3 of those cheaper batteries and they seem just the same as the gopro one that came with the camera??

Cheers Cuck

·
Administrator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@thomas040893 when again your posts are reached you can see the links. Due to grabbing a moderators attention, you may like to head over to the Help and suggestions and complaints section and ask why your posts were deleted and we be more than happy to offer some info. Links are seen when reached. . the topic is nbeing worked on also thank you for your understanding

FISH

·
Administrator
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The topic is about firmware. It's, fixes and improvements. Added features, settings and more. Issues that you have, fixes you to see are always welcomed I suggest going into more a general topic about cosmetics of the camera.

Concern for me at the time is Sound not battery. A battery still can be used but sound needs tweaking. There is so much a camera engineer can do with the firmware. And hardware. Raise/lower db. Raise/lower gain unsure if the controls offer low led high range. It offer low mercury high mic input. Sound can also be used externally for a higher price.

Battery we already purchased can be returned. Modified or held until future firmware and petitioning over at GoPro We revert to an older firmware till then. In ways we look at the importance is batttery, new firmware, new fixes important. You decide your best outcome

GoPro already made that decision by forcing you to once update be locked in to a fw 1.55 camera today declining older reverted fw at site.

No oneromises a clean 100% virus free firmware I promise you one thing you are fully responsible in your pencil actions, take caution when loading firmware. Follow to the T the directions and your camera will work flawlessly.

When firmware can no longer be improved you will not know only GoPro will know. On that note

We can talk all about firmware here And any one looking for help , just ask

FISH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much for this video about downgrading the FW. I updated 2 days ago from FW 1.05 to FW 1.57 and I had problems with third party batteries and the device always turning itself on.

I now downgraded to version 1.50 and the third party battery is working again!

The issue with my hero 5 black turning itself always on after FW 1.57 will be checked tomorrow with FW 1.50 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for this thread ... and leaving older firmwares on a g-drive.
like Fish I also don´t care much about batteries.. 10 euros more or less, these things loose power and die anyway after charging x times..
for me its more about function:
now:
I recently (few days ago) bought a Session5... setting it all up I installed the latest 2.0 firmware.
What I miss in the capture app / settings is the shutter speed control function ( that I do have on my Hero5black - v1.57).
Because the session5 is brand new and I have actually never seen it function with any other firmware but 2.0 - has this function ever been available on the session5? .. so before I downgrade to v1.50 (downloaded here - thanks) could somebody ( Session 5 user !! ) please confirm that shutter speed control function is actually available with v1.50 ??? I find it strange that GoPro would eliminate such a function with a newer firmware... Thx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.