GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the moment I have a hero 4 session.. I love it but the only downside is that the capture app doesn't show preview while recording at certain resolutions like 1080p60 .. it's OK on 1080p30 .. also OK on 720p60.. but I don't wanna record in 720p nor do I wanna record in 30fps .. so question is .. on hero 5 (black or session) which resolutions allow u to see preview on app WHILE it recording .. preferably on Android .. all my devices share the problem on the 4 so it's a camera limitation .. go pro knows it .. but I found nothing on the hero 5 before I buy it .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i "think" it'll still be the same, the problem is the high amount of data needed to transfer quickly to enable preview at the higher fps's etc. Most phones can't handle all the information so GoPro have locked preview down to the lower resolution/fps's

·
Administrator
9,377 Posts
@glenngaucigrech

[email protected] not supported to show a display day one Hero 5 Session is allowed. GoPro could not get it to work so they did not allow it. Want to have it supported get a Hero 5 session, not hte answer you want to hear, it was a first generation camera.

FISH

Owner of both

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@glenngaucigrech

[email protected] not supported to show a display day one Hero 5 Session is allowed. GoPro could not get it to work so they did not allow it. Want to have it supported get a Hero 5 session, not hte answer you want to hear, it was a first generation camera.

FISH

Owner of both
Yes answer i wanted tp hear .. i wanna buy a hero 5 black or session .. preferably black.. bit i want the hero 5 to support preview of those resokutions while recording. Im looking for tried and tested users mostly

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts